Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My Bike
I know it is not a great bike but i like it... Mongoose XR75. A long tome ago i bought a Mongoose DX3.3 and it is a great bike but hard tail. i wanted to try out suspension bike and found this yesterday. Me and my wife went on a small ride and i really like this bike. Had to do a few minor things to it like replace the crank bearings and adj the shifters and lub the cable.. The picture is off craiglist where i found the bike. I also changed the handlebars, grips. Plan on changing the shifter because i dont like twist shifters.. i may change them out today...
Let There Be Rock
(08-12-2012, 08:40 AM)Rocker Wrote:  I know it is not a great bike but i like it... Mongoose XR75. A long tome ago i bought a Mongoose DX3.3 and it is a great bike but hard tail. i wanted to try out suspension bike and found this yesterday. Me and my wife went on a small ride and i really like this bike. Had to do a few minor things to it like replace the crank bearings and adj the shifters and lub the cable.. The picture is off craiglist where i found the bike. I also changed the handlebars, grips. Plan on changing the shifter because i dont like twist shifters.. i may change them out today...

First nice starter bike.I have the older version about 2yrs older. Welcome to the forums. These are ok bikes bikes but really intended for major off road use. I speak from experience because I ended up doing an overhaul on mine. I do some light trails and some muddy areas with mine but anticipate shifting before I really need it.
If you are not on major trails and just want casual riding then yes pretty decent bike.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Nice Bike! I have two 1997 Trek Y-frame bicycles and I love the way they both handle and ride.
Suspension set-up and spinning are key to a great ride. Have fun

Ride on, keep on riding
Riding on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
Ride on, gonna have myself a good time - AC/DC

Cool start! you do not want to jump into biking and spend a lot of cash at first, then decide its not for you. Because someone Like me will come along and sweet talk you and grab it up for pennies on the dollar Smile
I can hook you up with a Trek y 11 carbon If your ready to go retro-cool. I heard somewhere that they would make an awesome Guitar too!
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Ok I wanted to comment and make an edit to the second line of my first post! I meant to say these are NOT INTENDED for major off road use ! Sorry just noticed that. Yea ya gotcha watch pk lolWink.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!