Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

"Are you a bike picker"?
pretty awesome for sure.Its funny how things come outta nowhere from time to time. I would love to have it for my museum ( as my wife puts it ) ha ha. you do not happen to have a line on a vintage Tange switchblade fork do ya? I am getting ready to do some mods on my Bontrager Privateer and think the Switchblade would be the perfect rigid fork for her. I will just box up all the original components and build her the way I like
Dunno if you have even seen it, I just pulled it out of the box to snap a couple pics
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Bob. U messing with me? Smile
No. I have not the Tange fork that you desire. If I did, it would be yours for the price of postage, bro!
FYI.. I have an over-abundance of Tange headset bearings that belong to the 1" family, still in the pkg, should you ever require that rabid animal. As a matter of fact - I have bunches of stuff that you may be able to help me ID.

Love Ya!
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Please... Bob... I beg of you,,,,
If that Bonty came out of the box with what it is dressed in - don't try to alter it. Number 1 - you ain't gonna improve on what Keith visioned.

Number 2 - If I hit the Jackpot, I can afford to make you an offer. Dammit Bob. I'm a Bicycle Mechanic, not a doctor. Smile
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Damn it Scottie! Thats what I am trying to do. Preserve the components and keep them in unused condition. A 1in. steerer shock is hard to come by no matter the flavor, Keith's vision was his frame, I doubt it was a Rockshox Indy XC. But just in case I do not want to use it. So when the time comes to let her go I can easily put it back to original from the wheels to the grips. Keith is the one who conceived the switchblade. So I wanted to do him an honor by using one. Think of it as putting on a Tux for a night on the town. It will be waiting for you and you will be happy to have a new wardrobe of original parts to go with it! Now go hit the lottery! P.S. There is no help for me..too late Bro
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
was up bicycle shopping in shytown area where I think Tino is from and picked up some nice older bikes
one is a 1997 Barracuda A2ZS ( for my wife ) still has the FD set sticker on it and never used, around a 1991 Schwinn Sierra MOS with a lugged drop-out fork lugs and sweeping chainstays,
And the other a 1991 ? GT Team Avalanche, all deore XT, prestige tubing, unique horizontal 4 position fork drop-out and a threaded headset with a flip flop stem, internal cable routing and cool paint