Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Winter Project Done!
Finished the winter work on my 97 Trek Y22 Sunday night. Disassembled and cleaned the headset and wheel hub bearings and regreased, replaced the bottom bracket UN-55 (nos, parts box), replaced all the cables & housing with XTR (nos, ebay), installed XT crankset (used, parts box), XT brake on rear, dia-compe on front (used, parts box), new XT pads and pad holders (nos, parts box), adjustable angle stem (new, parts box), Deore brake levers (nos, parts box), System 1 bar ends (take off of my Y5), IG70 chain (new, parts box), SPD pedals (used, parts box), SRAM X5 rear derailluer (new, ebay), SRAM X4 trigger shifters (new, ebay). Most of these parts were destined for my Y5, until I picked up the Y22. Here are the before and after pictures:

[attachment=3078]
[attachment=3079]
[attachment=3080]
[attachment=3081]

Ride on, keep on riding
Riding on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
Ride on, gonna have myself a good time - AC/DC

I have always liked Trek, and this is a nice bike. Tell me, what mono shock is that?
Cycle the streets of Bristol!
(03-05-2012, 09:04 PM)ghost Wrote:  I have always liked Trek, and this is a nice bike. Tell me, what mono shock is that?

It is a Fox Float R. It was on the bicycle when I bought it. The previous owner said it was used as a commuter and not ridden hard. It hasn't leaked any air since I bought it and I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I road it around the block a couple of times today (COLD!!) and it is working fine so far.

Ride on, keep on riding

I meant to say too that the bike stand is great. It look likes it has an arm for keeping the front end pointing front, great for maintenance.
Cycle the streets of Bristol!
Thanks for the nice comments on my ride and the workstand. There are two metal arms that fold out to hold the front wheel straight. It is an inexpensive RAD stand. Ironing board type. Works very well with the y frame though. I'd have to bolt it to my work shed floor for any heavy duty wrenching, but it does the job of keeping me from bending or kneeling down.

Ride on, keep on riding

Nice job! glad you got it done for now and enjoy the up coming season.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
very cool mate but you forgot to mention that you polished the swing which makes a huge difference to the overall appearance.
Yeah, you better get a good lock.
Apparently I did everything right... nothing fell off on my 20 mile test ride today. LOL. I had to adjust the seat and brake lever angle and that was it! Gotta hand it to Trek.. 15 year old bicycle and it still rides and handles like a dream. 65 degrees and 20-30 mph wind, started into the wind, so the ride back was easy. Great day but the headwinds blow!

Ride on, keep on riding