Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take part in the July Giveaway for a brand new 26" Thruster® Street Style BMX Cruiser Bicycle

Smart bike project?
Hey all, I have 2 bikes. One is a giant regular singletrack mountain bike with no shocks at all. My other bike is a Voodoo which has rockshox front fork. And rockshox rear suspension. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to take the front fork from the voodoo and put it on the Giant. I want to do this because my giant is my favorite bike and the one i ride the most. If this WOULD be a good idea, how would i install the front fork without ruining both bikes? Thanks for your help,

-mtnbikr
If both bike have the same size headset then I do not see why they will not work.
Hi FredS here, as I can not get my old sign-on to work and have not had any luck at getting the password reset; I have started over with this sign-on.
You can do it; but it might be better to sell the Voodoo as is and purchase a new for for the Giant. Keep in mind that changing the fork from a non-suspension to a suspension (or the other way around) will greatly effect the handling of the bike - you may like it better, or hate it.

Currently I have one bike with front suspension; and a plan to convert it to rigid.
Nigel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post