Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS 2012!
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Holiday season to whatever holiday you may celebrate or if you don't celebrate at all just have a safe and great week.

From Bill and Family
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Thanks Bill, back at ya baby
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Same to you, Bill, and all others! Safe riding in the coming season, now enjoy some cookies, we all deserve it!

Plus, now's the time to fix the summer bike(s), I am currently overhauling my road bike.
With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with
my friends about drinking and driving. As you may know some of us have been
known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home
after a "social session" out with friends.
Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several
cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had
the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did
something that I've never done before - I took a cab home. Sure enough on
the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved
it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as
I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that
it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

Smile
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
there you go again Rob, tearing my emotions apart piece by piece. The ph.# to the cab should be on the side or rear of the cab. but I would go ahead and borrow it thru the new year!
P.S. I think I will make me a Cab light for my roof and magnetic stickers for the body, thanks for the tip
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Sorry PK. This cab just has "Hot Wheels" emblazened on both doors and across the hood. No phone number anywhere. I think it may be a 1971 Maverick Grabber. It is purple if that helps.
Hell RobAr, finders keepers and all that. :-) Happy New Year yoall..........

BTW its scary when I think of the condition I was in when I club hopped, in my not so distant youth. Yet all the accidents I had were when I was sober. Glad to still be here.........Be careful out there.
Never Give Up!!!
(12-28-2012, 02:23 AM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Hell RobAr, finders keepers and all that. :-) Happy New Year yoall..........

BTW its scary when I think of the condition I was in when I club hopped, in my not so distant youth. Yet all the accidents I had were when I was sober. Glad to still be here.........Be careful out there.
We know, George. You are an accident waiting to happen but we love you anyway! Happy New Year! Smile
See once I was in that predicament when I was driving down the road. They attempted to pull me over but I pushed on the pedal and as fast I went I just could not out run them. It's hell when when you are pedaling so fast and not moving with the police chasing you on the 55" screen tv and your on the trainer!! Big Grin . lol ! Then you wake up!

Happy New Year
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
yea, if I would not have sold my Gt Tachyon Police Interceptor, I would be out chasing the police having some fun!
PK. Let's suppose you caught the cops and they were bad cops. Corrupt and stuff. What are you gonna throw at them? Smile
It's like sport fishing, catch and release!
ahahahahaha could use the water bottle Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-26-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: sethrollen5965

06-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Painkiller

12-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Last Post: FredS