Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take part in the July Giveaway for a brand new 26" Thruster® Street Style BMX Cruiser Bicycle

New product launch: WIN an innovative aeroe Spider Rear Rack

Bike Wheels stolen
The wheels on my bike were stolen, and its sorta my friends fault.

he said he would replace them, but I need to know what size the previous wheels were. I never really checked, and The bike has no serial or logo on it.

I know that the tires aren't mountain bike size, and they aren't as thin as road bike, they're maybe in the middle, so I was thinking it was a hybrid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Well can you upload a picture of what you have left? Would help immensely for us to help you out.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Measure the distance from the center of the axle to the center of the brake pads, convert to millimeters. Double this measurement, and round up to the nearest ISO size (559, 571, 590, 622, 630 - most likely 622).

Next measure brake pad to brake pad to get an idea of the rim width. Subtract 3mm from this measurement if you had a super well maintained bike (not likely given that you did not know the wheel size) or 5mm in your case for the outside rim width.

Let us know the measurements, and we'll give you some recommendations. Also your approximate wieght and where you ride - critical information for selecting wheels.
Nigel

Possibly Related Threads...