Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

1995 Redux Mongoose
This is one of my favorites bought it new and put countless miles on it over the last 16 years. It sat for a while so i added a Shimano Altus kit and a Capa Shock (only one that will fit a 1" steerer tube) TOUGH BIKE and proof that Mongoose Bikes were good back in the day[attachment=2691][attachment=2689][attachment=2690]
NICE HORSE.
(08-08-2011, 01:59 AM)tino Wrote:  NICE HORSE.

Yes, they sure are where i like to ride is a private collage that that has 36'000 acres campus teeming with all sorts of animals, wild life and more than 50 miles of trails
Nice 'Goose!
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
sold a few of those in the day! keep on keepin on
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
PK. Remember the HillTopper?
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Oh yea, the hilltoppersx really sticks out in my mind. What I hunk of crap. sold one and never offered it again. Classic point when I say build a rigid high end component bike and they will come to buy them. here is a link to the best buy I found in texas last week. Cool bike but the fork is its down fall to me any way. if you guys want one just private m me and we will try to get you one. it is still a cool deal
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/2521727474.html
http://store.ferrari.com/en/sports-games/sport/bikes/ferrari-cx-50-bicycle.html
they are 2011 models
My daughter lives around Dallas/Fortworth and my Bro lives in in orange county Cali. so I always comb those on craigslist and they know my standards and if its a go they pick it up and ship it. If ya see one you like let me know
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Just some updated pict right now in north Ga the weather is ideal for long day trips
Lol I saw just the top of the top picture which showed the horse only. I was laughing, actually knew better to scroll down. This is a really nice bike and I agree they don't make em like they used to!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
After destroying the drive train in the mud this winter i decided to break down and replace the whole thing with the components similar to a cyclocross bike that was out of my price range
F.S.A. Tempo crank
Altus derailleur
Deore shifters and cassette 27 speed
WTB Super master rims
I had to replace the rims to make it fit turn out 18 years ago the whole back-end was 1 piece

I've been trying to build a good trekking/commuter for a long time and would not been able to do it without the information I gained from the website
I don't post here often but most of the information needed was already here from earlier questions
So thanks to who ever it is that keeps this website so friendly and informative
sometimes I think its just more fun to keep the good ole bikes going like you did than to buy all new. great job and thanks for the update and pics
Inspiring post! Also, very cool to notice how similar the frames looked at that "era"
Very nice job Smile !!!!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(07-09-2012, 09:37 PM)Bill Wrote:  Very nice job Smile !!!!

Thanks, all went well during the rebuild but i have a click in the crank And i can't find it. It happens in the same spot but it is intermittent and only makes noise at high speeds i'm almost used to it but it still bugs me
i don't like to give up