Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My 2001 Kelly's Magnus
Here are some photos of my 10 year old Kelly's Magnus ( :

I'm not familiar with the name, but very nice looking bike for being 10 years old. Which St. Petersburg are you from, Russia or Florida?
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
(07-12-2011, 06:52 AM)JohnV Wrote:  I'm not familiar with the name, but very nice looking bike for being 10 years old. Which St. Petersburg are you from, Russia or Florida?

Thanks! Regarding St Petersburg, yeah, it's the one in Russia although I actually come from Latvia, just moved to Russia.
The Kelly's bicycles are made in Czech Republic if I am not mistaken (http://kellysbike.com).

My parents bought it in Lithuania in 2000-2001 with 750$ price tag, pretty good price for that time. I remember pushing it to the limit, but it still works, actually I just changed the bottom bracket a week ago.
Love the SRAM 3.0 grip shifters ( :
I have the newer SRAM grip shifters on my hybrid with the same grips that you have on yours. I've changed the grips but still have the grip shifters. I really like them better than trigger shifters for that type of riding. To me, they just shift much faster.
HCFR Cycling Team
I actually had to cut the grips, they were too big for the handlebar. Still looking for some good lock-on 90 mm grips.
I just picked up a pair of Ergon GP-1 grips yesterday while at the bike shop picking up my wife's bike. I got tired of the original grips sliding down after adjusting the palm rest throughout the ride so I got a pair that clamp onto the bar and doesn't slip. They feel much more agronomic then the original grips. So far, I like them but riding the bike will let me know for sure. If you buy one of the Ergon's, make sure it is for grip shifters. They have a special model for grip shifters that is shorter than the other models.
HCFR Cycling Team
I looked into the ones you mentioned. They look pretty good, read some review on these grips. Sadly, they are hard to find in Russia, except, maybe, in Ukraine.
I examined Lizard Skins Lock-on Shorty grips (http://i44.tinypic.com/1z7pm0.jpg). They are said to be very comfortable even without gloves.
Still, no sign of them in St Petersburg shops, just the long ones =/