Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Alex - where are you?
Alex,

What has happened? You haven’t commented on the site for over eight months. Any news (I don’t mean to be irrespective if you’ve other things to deal with)…? The site is obviously still being hosted….

Marc Dominic.
Thanks for your concern. I'm still here, just taking an extended break from the site to take care of some other projects. I'll be back with more videos and renewed energy in the next few months :-)

Last post is 2 months old and still no new videos. Inquiring minds want to know when!! Smile

Old Pat
Hey Alex!

Good to see you back online: I just checked a few posts on the latest discussion and you are replying: hmm hmm? The site has changed somewhat but still is good - I imagine you changed deals with your sponsors...?
Keep up the good work the site is excellent...

Marc Dominic.
Hi Marc,

Thanks for checking in. Yeah I took a break from the site for a while (burnt out) but I'm back now. I may take breaks again in the future but I'll always come back. I made a few changes to make it easier to navigate, but there is still much work to do. I'll make a blog post about it today...

I haven't found sponsors yet, but the few advertiser options I've tried haven't worked out too well. Luckily my other projects have brought in some funds to keep this site going, so for now I'm not too worried about it. One way or another I will keep this going for you all Smile

Gearing up for some new tutorials soon!
Here's a blog post about our new equipment!<br />
http://blog.bikeride.com/new-video-equipment/

Alex,

Grats on the new equipment! I'm still a newbie here but learning something new everyday, thanks to your vids! Smile Hope your trip is part relaxation as well as business. Take some photos and share when ya get back.

Bill
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Hi Alex,

Excellent, I'm looking forward to the new tutorials... Would you believe a simple job such as replacing v-brake cartridges took me 45mins today! It's a nightmare when you don't have a nice clean bike to work on like in your tutorials. Getting (just) one of the circlips out and then back in was the hassle... Might have to get cleaning this weekend - still should be able to stop OK...

(Marc) Dominic.
Alex,

I'm sure we are all excited and hopeful to see some new videos in 2010. You do a great job. We are all eager to learn. Got some new tools for xmas, new rubber flooring in my shop. I'm ready to go!
Hi Alex

I'm new here but I was wondering if you have put any thought into making a chat room on this site? I think chat would be great because it is instant info from other riders and repair men and it will also make more of a community between every one on here. Thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope to hear from you.

THANK YOU
Hi ATX,

Great suggestion. We did have a chatroom on the site for almost a year, but it didn't work very well. It could work in the future, but currently there aren't enough people online at the same time.
Yeah, it was here for a while, but I visited it quite often for a short while but never came across anyone. Although the site does seem to be getting more traffic.
Hey do we have any way in our profile settings to make a photo albums to show off pictures???
THANK YOU
That would be cool, but no feature like that exists for this forum software. I'll keep an eye out for updates that might work in the future... in the meantime just start a new thread with the photos you want to share (10 max per post).
Update: I put the chatroom in the footer of every page just above Yehuda Moon. Maybe it'll work better than having it on a separate page... we'll see Smile
Seems pretty popular. I can't chat since its full.
Dedicated scholar of bicycles
Yeah it has problems so I took it down again. Damn Sad
I'm a little confused by the chatroll features, but it looks like we have to pay a premium to have simultaneous users? I understand they have to make money to keep the service going, but I can't justify it right now as our hosting costs recently went way up. Have to make the site break even before I can spend any more on it. Hmmm, I'll see what other services are out there...
(01-23-2010, 04:00 PM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  I'm a little confused by the chatroll features, but it looks like we have to pay a premium to have simultaneous users? I understand they have to make money to keep the service going, but I can't justify it right now as our hosting costs recently went way up. Have to make the site break even before I can spend any more on it. Hmmm, I'll see what other services are out there...

i have found that even if it is full you can go in as a guest, but when i got there there wasn't anyone there even though it said it was full???
I upgraded to a premium membership on chatroll so it can handle more users. I embedded it right in the forums here... let me know if you notice any glitches!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

10-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alex Ramon