Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Broken bike carrier
I have a bell two bike hitch carrier. One of the orange plastic cradles that the top tube rests on broke. The link shows a photo of one of the cradles. I've looked online and all I can find are places to buy the entire bike rack and other sites for bell helmets. Any suggestions where I can find a replacement cradle?

Thanks, Dan.

[attachment=90]
Good idea for you is to look on an auction site for another one that is maybe broke that someone is trying to sell as parts. Also maybe you could get a contact number from one of the stores they sell there products to. Well wait a minute try this phone number, 1-800-456-2355.

Hope that helps
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Hi, THANKS ALOT!!!! After looking everywhere, I found this site, called the # went to the consumer section, the lady that answered the phone was very nice, I told her that my velcro straps on my Bell bike carrier broke, she asked for my mailing and phone info and said they would send me some out. Wow, maybe 2 minutes!! Thank you sooo much!

(11-24-2009, 02:38 PM)Bill Wrote:  Good idea for you is to look on an auction site for another one that is maybe broke that someone is trying to sell as parts. Also maybe you could get a contact number from one of the stores they sell there products to. Well wait a minute try this phone number, 1-800-456-2355.

Hope that helps
You are very welcome Smile . Glad everything worked out for you. Take and Happy Riding.

(02-24-2010, 04:31 PM)happy in the south Wrote:  Hi, THANKS ALOT!!!! After looking everywhere, I found this site, called the # went to the consumer section, the lady that answered the phone was very nice, I told her that my velcro straps on my Bell bike carrier broke, she asked for my mailing and phone info and said they would send me some out. Wow, maybe 2 minutes!! Thank you sooo much!

(11-24-2009, 02:38 PM)Bill Wrote:  Good idea for you is to look on an auction site for another one that is maybe broke that someone is trying to sell as parts. Also maybe you could get a contact number from one of the stores they sell there products to. Well wait a minute try this phone number, 1-800-456-2355.

Hope that helps
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I called Bell Sports, Inc. They replaced both sets of my cradles at no charge. There is a 4 - 7 weeks delivery time. Their telephone number is: 1-800-456-2355.

Good Luck!
(05-10-2010, 11:00 AM)Big Jymm Wrote:  I called Bell Sports, Inc. They replaced both sets of my cradles at no charge. There is a 4 - 7 weeks delivery time. Their telephone number is: 1-800-456-2355.

Good Luck!

Sorry! The delivery time is 4 - 7 days.
I just wanted to let people know...I just called Bell (1-800-456-2355) regarding broken cradles for the bikes on the hitch 2 bike carrier. They didnt give me a hard time at all. They took my name, address and phone and said they would put them in the mail today. I was AMAZED at how easy it was to get replacement parts. 8-)
Yes Bell has always had pretty good consumer support!
The same thing happened to me, I just purchased a locking Bell double back two bike trunk and one of the rubber cradles broke.

I called customer service and choose option 4 for consumers and tried to buy some extra ones, they do not sell them but the are mailing me out 2 free ones.

My cradles are black not orange in the picture but I think they are similar in design,
I've had similar experience with Yakima, very quick and helpful, such a rare thing it seems these days
I just called Bell at 1-800-456-2355, as everybody above seems to suggest (regarding the broken cradles for the bikes on the hitch 2 bike carrier). They told me there is a $5.00 per pair charge and $4.00 s&h to my location (7 days).
I would try again with a different agent or associate. See if there is a manufacturer warranty.
(10-16-2012, 06:17 PM)Bill Wrote:  I would try again with a different agent or associate. See if there is a manufacturer warranty.

I had called twice, I even told them that online I was reading about free replacements. They told me that used to be the policy but it has changed...
Asked them when that policy changed and see if you had purchased it before the policy changed. They may asked for a receipt. But if luck holds out they may give you a courtesy replacement.
Ye in this hi tec age everyone is looking to get things done with their cell phone or computer. The old fashioned phone calls , and face to face work best

AS per the $9 to get your rack fix think of the money you save from having to buy a new one. Be glad you can still get parts. Honestly how long did you have your rack .

BTW this thread started two years ago, so it does not surprise me that things changed. Had no idea this was an old thread revisited.
Never Give Up!!!
I borrowed a Bell rack from someone and when I tried to strap the bike to it, this exact thing happened. So here we are, FOUR YEARS later, and this is still an ongoing problem, which Bell has neglected to correct. I called to order the replacement (because it is not my rack and I need to do the right thing by fixing it - if it were my own, I would be reconsidering). I told the rep that I was going to go ahead and order the replacement, but I did (politely!) mention that this has been going on for quite some time now and asked if there was any plan to fix this for future racks. She was quite rude to me and really had no answer for me. (BTW as a customer service rep, it is your job to report complaints and inquiries such as this to the appropriate person, but I doubt my message will reach anyone, not even the rep I spoke to directly.) I placed my order and was sure to let her know that I am looking for a rack of my own and will NOT be buying one from Bell.
Here is a place you can get parts that may work with you career.
http://www.hollywoodracks.com/parts-accessories/parts-spare-parts.htm
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
Sorry you had a bad experience. I just got off the phone with bell to replace a sheared hitch bolt. The agent was very nice, and they are actually sending two, free of charge. I also asked for a replacement reflector for the back, and they said they will send one if they have it. I personally don't find it unreasonable that they would charge to replace the carriers as those will deteriorate over time with exposure to the elements.
You can also use customized bike racks that looks more classy. Powder coatings are used nowadays to make your bike or bicycle modified. You just have to imagine the look you wish to see on your bike. To know more, visit custom sublimation.
Sorry for the bump of an older post, but I am in a search of a bike rack for my 12' Civic sedan. Looks like it's possible to get a hitch mount bike rack for it, so I just wanted to see if it's worth that? or shall I just go on with a roof rack mount.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Last Post: danr2013