Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Schwinn meridian fork replacement
Hi I want to replace the fork on my dads schwinn meridian. I’m looking for one with suspension. What size is the fork I should buy? I been looking on internet for the fork size but couldn’t find anything.
Thanks in advance
It's just a basic 26" rigid fork.

Any of the same style will work.

Just look up [26" threaded bike fork rigid].

Sunlite among many others make them.
(11-30-2021, 12:41 AM)Antonio Reynoso Wrote:  Hi I want to replace the fork on my dad's schwinn meridian. I’m looking for one with suspension. What size is the fork I should buy? I have been looking on the internet for the fork size but couldn’t find anything.
Thanks in advance

Hi Antonio,

I would assume since you are looking for a suspension fork; that aside from matching the wheel size (previously post mentioned it as 26"; I myself do not know), you will need to know the steerer tube length in order to match your frame's head tube size. You can always go longer, but you need to make sure you have enough of the steerer tube threaded to accommodate the headset properly. You merely cut off the excess tube at the top to match your original tube's length. If not enough of it is threaded you can bring it to a bike shop (assuming they have the proper die) or machine shop to have it properly threaded; bring your original fork for reference. Another consideration is the type of brake mounting. I am not familiar with your bike, but you need to get a fork that is designed for the same type of brake system (caliper, cantilever, disc, etc.) as what you now have unless you plan to change that also. The only other consideration would be fender mounting if your bike has one or you plan to add one. A good bike shop should be able to assist you with with finding a suitable fork; that way if the wrong fork is obtained by the shop for you they would have to make it right, and it would save you some trouble just in case you ordered the wrong one yourself.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...