Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Newbie seeking advice
Hi all, do to the covid situation my family and I went to our local bike shop and bought some bikes. My wife and little girls got Electra cruisers and I picked the 2020 Haro Double Peak Sport in the dark orange/red color. Honestly I fell in love with the color and 29 inch wheels. I paid just about $650. I realize its an entry level bike and ill mostly be riding it in the streets with my girlsand occasionally take it to a trail.

Its all Shimano part, 2x8 and has the HL Vaxa 28 forks. Does anyone recommend any upgrades especially the forks. I was on Google and bikers had less than desirable reviews about them.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, all advise is welcome and bummed that it took covid to get a mountain bike because there awesome!
(10-31-2020, 05:45 AM)Bluerider Wrote:  Hi all, do to the covid situation my family and I went to our local bike shop and bought some bikes. My wife and little girls got Electra cruisers and I picked the 2020 Haro Double Peak Sport in the dark orange/red color. Honestly I fell in love with the color and 29 inch wheels. I paid just about $650. I realize its an entry level bike and ill mostly be riding it in the streets with my girlsand occasionally take it to a trail.

Its all Shimano part, 2x8 and has the HL Vaxa 28 forks. Does anyone recommend any upgrades especially the forks. I was on Google and bikers had less than desirable reviews about them.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, all advise is welcome and bummed that it took covid to get a mountain bike because there awesome!

Make it is assembled, adjusted, and fit correctly; and then ride it sufficigently enough on the vvarious terrains you plan on riding. You should after possibly making a few more minor adjustments know if the bike "feels" and functions in the manner you would expect. I doubt that you need to make upgrades and/or alterations at this stage in the game except maybe for fit (handlebar, stem or crank length, etc.), and comfort (saddle). The saddle is probably the number one change made on a new or used bike. Comfort may also be a problem if the fit set-up is not correct given the proper size frame.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-10-2022, 06:07 PM
Last Post: zain