Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Favorite MTB brand?
Hi all. What is your favorite mountain bike brand [and why]?
Purely speaking about vintage, pre 1998 for me. I really do not have one favorite. I used to sell Mongoose in the early 90s. They made very good quality steelies with good paint and pretty welds. I like Miyata as they had really cool and great riding bonded alloy frames, I love Bontrager as he had a way to make very light steel frames with gussets in all the right places. Specialized had some nice rigid bikes that were just plain tough. And the big under dog Univega mtbs were unique in frame design, tough as nails and priced really well and rode great too. just to name a few of my favs
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Specialized due to WOM in the beginning and my personal experience.
"Carbon is faster"
Santa Cruz -> once you try it you are hooked on it Cool
(08-30-2020, 08:09 PM)bibimbap Wrote:  Hi all. What is your favorite mountain bike brand [and why]?

I love fezzari. They are based fairly close to where I live, and they offer great value for the money. I also really like that they have a wide range of bikes (Not as large as big companies like trek, but they have a bike for anyone with any budget👍.)
I love my women-specific Orbea. Built to my specs, and I am a small girl, so it fits! I can handle this bike on all kinds of trails. It is not fancy and it's got lots of miles on it, but I can't bear to part with it.
(03-22-2021, 02:39 PM)Kgirl Wrote:  I love my women-specific Orbea. Built to my specs, and I am a small girl, so it fits! I can handle this bike on all kinds of trails. It is not fancy and it's got lots of miles on it, but I can't bear to part with it.

I just got Liv Tempt, my first hardtail mountain bike. Super happy about it, faaaar better than any other MTB Smile)) fantastic that there is a women-specific bike brand or women-specific bikes in general #feelingblessed
(03-23-2021, 11:18 AM)Megster Wrote:  
(03-22-2021, 02:39 PM)Kgirl Wrote:  I love my women-specific Orbea. Built to my specs, and I am a small girl, so it fits! I can handle this bike on all kinds of trails. It is not fancy and it's got lots of miles on it, but I can't bear to part with it.

I just got Liv Tempt, my first hardtail mountain bike. Super happy about it, faaaar better than any other MTB Smile)) fantastic that there is a women-specific bike brand or women-specific bikes in general #feelingblessed

Mine is a hardtail, too. Agree about the difference for women-specific bikes! Enjoy your new ride!
Giant mountain bikes, no explanation needed hah
Autobahn
Since I own one I have to say Scott. I love my Scale. Truthfully I am not brand loyal about bikes. There's way too many cool brands to be pigeon holed into one. I feel the same about cars. LOL
Justin Schultz
2020 Scott Scale 970
2021 Felt Breed 30
Anything in the FAT category. Cool

Marin makes bang for buck mountain bikes sub 1000usd you can get a very decent and capable hardtail, sub 2000usd you can get a all mountain full sus bike. All tried and tested in the birthplace of mountain biking, Marin County, CA. I'm still really salty for letting go of my first Marin
Trek...

You can never go wrong with this brand. Everything in their MTB is great.
Great for endurance too
I’m a big fan of YT I just like style I suppose, never owned one but have ridden their DH bike at a demo once and friend had their enduro Mtb, but just rode that around a parking lot and really just like the feel of both 🤘🏼
I am not concerned about brand names. I look for value for money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Jordan300