Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Tire problem I think.
Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tires I just got these a few days ago as most here know. I like them a lot but this weekend I took off on a small road trip and for some reason they seem to make my bike to lope a little. Could it be that the tires are not center good on the rims. Should I let all the air out and try to move them a little then air them up again. These tires was hard to get on I thought I had them center good enough but maybe I don't. I know they have wire on the edge of the tire and they are a tight fit. Or could I have gotten a bad tire. I think it may be the way I install them. Going to try to remove them and reinstall them again this next weekend but wanted to run this by all here first. Any input on this matter will be a big help thanks.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
There should be an indicator line running on the sidewall just above the edge of the rim. Check if that is even all the way around. If it dives in or out in any one spot, that is probably where the tire is not seated correctly and creates a little hop in the tire. If so, look at the discussion "flat spots on both tires" where people are talking about how to deal with that.
(03-02-2010, 11:07 AM)DaveM Wrote:  There should be an indicator line running on the sidewall just above the edge of the rim. Check if that is even all the way around. If it dives in or out in any one spot, that is probably where the tire is not seated correctly and creates a little hop in the tire. If so, look at the discussion "flat spots on both tires" where people are talking about how to deal with that.

Thanks DaveM thats what I did and it made my tire ride right. Of all the years I have put tires on a bicycle you think I would have check this out lol. But all is well now. Makes me feel better that my ride is fix now. Now if only the weather would do right its just to cold to ride for very long at a time.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Hello, guys.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of these Schwalbe Marathon Plus for the 700x28 size. I currently have 700x35 Specialized Nimbus, after I got tired of the hardness of the 700x23.

I am wondering if the speed gain from 700x35 to 700x28 is any good, when thinking about the comfort loss.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot.
read this;
http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/shopdata/files/TechInfo2-GB.pdf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Last Post: blbaszis