Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Boardman Team ( real pics now added )
this is one of the 2 i ride ( other is a mtb ) ..... i know its a library pic but i will add a proper pic when i manage to take a decent one

[attachment=1510]

spec :

FRAME:

Lightweight super butted aluminum

FORK:

Ultralight carbon fibre monocoque

GEARING:

SRAM Rival 20 speed

BRAKES:

Lightweight R580/ SRAM Rival Carbon levers/shifters

CHAINSET:

SRAM S350 GXP Compact

WHEELS:

Ritchey Pro rims with sealed
bearing hubs

FINISHING KIT:

Ritchey Comp

Boardman Team Road/Race Bike

Felt 620 MTB

AWWWW!!
Come on Dude... real pics man..... SMH
MORE BIKES!! LESS CARS!!
(09-12-2010, 02:20 PM)qwilder Wrote:  AWWWW!!
Come on Dude... real pics man..... SMH

i know i know ... i promise ill have a pic up in the next 2 hours ... just gotta get the kids in bed Smile

Felt 620 MTB

real pics attached Smile

Felt 620 MTB

Nice Bike Jinxy72
cheers tino .... dont know if these boardmans have hit the states yet ... though if they aint yet they will be soon i think ... selling pretty well over in the uk .... Chris Boardman MBE ( GB Olympian ) is behind these hence the name.

it is in need of a few upgrades .. i think the stem and seatpost should be carbon to finish it off right and maybe the saddle though ill see how i go with this first Wink

Felt 620 MTB

regards Boardman bikes coming to the states ... after checking their website it states that they are aiming to be in the states sometime during 2011 and are currently in talks with international partners.

Also Chris Boardman is involved from the start through to completion of every project - with the ultimate sign-off. Chris is the Director of Coaching and Research and Development for the GB cycling team.

Would be defo worth a test ride when they hit other shores Smile

Felt 620 MTB

Yeah very nice bikes, my LBS sells them. From the SS/fixed road bike for about £500 (very nice looking bike it is too) up to the top end road and mtb that retail for something close to £2000. Chris Boardman is a legend, check out the documentary on YouTube of him attempting the hour record. It's well worth watching.
Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
T Roosevelt
even better i think this years range has dropped in price not gone up .... magazine adverts are showing the pro team ( carbon frame but same spec as mine ) at £1000 mark !!!! .... its still £1300 mark in halfords hence why i didnt buy the team pro and went for the team model .
upgrades to follow :

Carbon seat post and stem
Hope ceramic BB

ill post the pics when fitted just gotta get the cash together Smile

Felt 620 MTB

How much is the Hope BB gonna cost you? Ceramic eh? Sounds tasty.
Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
T Roosevelt
Sweet ride!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(09-14-2010, 10:43 AM)TheButterflyCollector Wrote:  How much is the Hope BB gonna cost you? Ceramic eh? Sounds tasty.

the hope actually aint too bad .... bout £70 for full bb compared to bout £145 for sram version .

Felt 620 MTB

Like Chris Boardman the racer? Is that his company?
Yeah that's right. He's retired and works as a TV commentator now rather than competing but yeah it's his company.

From jinxy's post above:
"Also Chris Boardman is involved from the start through to completion of every project - with the ultimate sign-off. Chris is the Director of Coaching and Research and Development for the GB cycling team".
(09-19-2010, 09:51 PM)Jordan300 Wrote:  Like Chris Boardman the racer? Is that his company?

yes he is a partner in it ( design mainly i think ) ... putting his years of experience into this now .... and the bikes are really getting top reviews (even his mtb's)
(09-14-2010, 11:49 PM)Bill Wrote:  Sweet ride!

cheers bill

Felt 620 MTB

These Boardmans are fantastic value for money. I've got the hybrid commuter (I call it the Tie Fighter) and it is a seriously stiff, well equipped, light road bike, with good SRAM/AVID/Truvativ gear all over it. I do about 20 miles a day on it and the only failure so far is the bottom bracket, which I've tightened twice but won't get away with tightening again and which, to be honest, I've come to expect with all new bikes. That seems to be where they cut costs; presumably because it's not visible. I'm also getting Hope for the replacement; it's the lifetime guarantee I like about them.

[attachment=1598]
yes and thats on my list to change m8 lol Smile .... going for the hope titanium bb replacement as they are serviceable ... come in about £80.

Felt 620 MTB

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

05-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Last Post: lgvincent