Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Indoor cycling - what is the app you use?
With the winter season already well settled in many parts of the world, what is your app choice for the indoor cycling this season and why? Do you stick to one platform or prefer to jump between different ones?
I will start and say that I will stick with Rouvy for this year as I got a nice Black Friday deal last weekend and want to enjoy the real-life routes they offer from around the world. And I am not a fan of jumping between different apps, I am happy if I can successfully navigate at least on one haha.
(11-27-2023, 06:06 PM)bab Wrote:  With the winter season already well settled in many parts of the world, what is your app choice for the indoor cycling this season and why? Do you stick to one platform or prefer to jump between different ones?
I will start and say that I will stick with Rouvy for this year as I got a nice Black Friday deal last weekend and want to enjoy the real-life routes they offer from around the world. And I am not a fan of jumping between different apps, I am happy if I can successfully navigate at least on one haha.

I use OneLap fit, access to it is free for people who get a Magene smart trainer so I just use it for work outs, I hear they will also hold races kinda like what we get with Zwift
I got a used Soul Cycle for Christmas. Although it is a smart exercise bike with a 22'' monitor, I did not want to subscribe to a membership. I have downloaded the myWhoosh app on my laptop which does not require a fee. I have used it just three times but it seems to offer a Zwift-like experience.
Hello bab,

Happy holidays.

Just curious as to why winter forces you to indoor cycling.

Since 2011, I lived and bicycle commuted in Boston. Winters were my favorite time to bike outdoors.

I will admit that i did not buy anything special or specific to bike outdoors in winter. I repurposed my winter hiking, running gear. Best biking was when it would start snowing or you would get to ride after a snow storm. Heavenly..

Sadly or foetunately, I wasnt forced to use any cycling apps for indoor cycling..

(11-27-2023, 06:06 PM)bab Wrote:  With the winter season already well settled in many parts of the world, what is your app choice for the indoor cycling this season and why? Do you stick to one platform or prefer to jump between different ones?
I've been a Spinning instructor for over 25 years and have gotten 4 new Spin bikes during that time, always upgraded from previous models. That is my indoor trainer. Now, seeing the posts on Strave with people training on Wahoo and Rouvi, I am in search of the best trainer myself. I always thought I could just buy the app and transmit the routes to my TV and still use my Spin bike. Now I realize I need a dedicated trainer to connect. Learning from you guys as to which is best.
Hello SPINMAN, let me talk to my former housemate and tell you more about folks doing indoor training on Wohoo and Rouvi. He had a complete setup where his tr-team would "compete" on the weekends, completely online.

It was almost like metaverse where they would avoid "passing" someone for the fear of sending a "wrong" message or not trailing for same reason..:-) I never understood the crazy but it did wonders for them..

(01-31-2024, 10:18 AM)SPINMAN Wrote:  I've been a Spinning instructor for over 25 years and have gotten 4 new Spin bikes during that time, always upgraded from previous models. That is my indoor trainer. Now, seeing the posts on Strave with people training on Wahoo and Rouvi, I am in search of the best trainer myself. I always thought I could just buy the app and transmit the routes to my TV and still use my Spin bike. Now I realize I need a dedicated trainer to connect. Learning from you guys as to which is best.
(01-31-2024, 10:28 AM)GirishH Wrote:  Hello SPINMAN, let me talk to my former housemate and tell you more about folks doing indoor training on Wohoo and Rouvi. He had a complete setup where his tr-team would "compete" on the weekends, completely online.

It was almost like metaverse where they would avoid "passing" someone for the fear of sending a "wrong" message or not trailing for same reason..:-) I never understood the crazy but it did wonders for them..

(01-31-2024, 10:18 AM)SPINMAN Wrote:  I've been a Spinning instructor for over 25 years and have gotten 4 new Spin bikes during that time, always upgraded from previous models. That is my indoor trainer. Now, seeing the posts on Strave with people training on Wahoo and Rouvi, I am in search of the best trainer myself. I always thought I could just buy the app and transmit the routes to my TV and still use my Spin bike. Now I realize I need a dedicated trainer to connect. Learning from you guys as to which is best.

Very interesting. I see more people from my Strava friends locally and in Europe on these trainers. That would be great to ride together. Rouvi seemed to have some good deals during the holidays but I didn't pull the trigger. I didn't get a lot of customer service from them regarding set up and how the app works. I learn more from bike ride and Strava community. I will have to do a few free trials but I still initially have to purchase a dedicated trainer. Search continues. In the meantime, I'll Spin and watch replays of TDF stages on tv.
Thanks

great to hear that you found a suitable indoor cycling app in Rouvy

TrainerRoad is focused on structured training plans and analytics, TrainerRoad is ideal for improving performance with targeted workouts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post