Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Just stumbled across this fine forum. Good find.

I have bikes from my triathlon days, 1987 Centurion Dave Scott, very early Specialized Allez converted to SS/Fixie, 1990 Novara Team (purchased as a frame and fork), 1990 Stump Jumper; 1993 Raleigh RT 550; Micargi Rover cruiser "sweet"; 1950 Schwinn rat; later Huffy rat; Columbia Clipper rat; 1954 Hawthorne (Montgomery Ward) (made in England) rat; 1978 Schwinn Collegiate 3; 3G (white w/red rims) cruiser (gave it to a friend today). Looks like a lot of bikes but I purchased most of the later bikes for less than $100.

The rat bikes are fun to build. The Micargi is beautiful and rides VERY well for a cruiser. The Novara Team is a great road bike though it was a tri-bike for five years. Bicycles and motorcycles are providing a lot of fun during my recent retirement with bicycles being the most entertaining. Close to getting the Huffy and Clipper ready to ride this week. The Schwinn and Hawthorne are a month or so out. The Schwinn Collegiate 3 is getting new tires and a tune-up and will be a good Coffee Cruiser.

I would like to build a bike with the Xtracycle and a single wheel trailer. This should be a good grocery getter and inter-city traveler.

Looking forward to gaining information from this forum to complete most of these projects.
(11-09-2010, 02:49 AM)tomatocity Wrote:  Just stumbled across this fine forum. Good find.

I have bikes from my triathlon days, 1987 Centurion Dave Scott, very early Specialized Allez converted to SS/Fixie, 1990 Novara Team (purchased as a frame and fork), 1990 Stump Jumper; 1993 Raleigh RT 550; Micargi Rover cruiser "sweet"; 1950 Schwinn rat; later Huffy rat; Columbia Clipper rat; 1954 Hawthorne (Montgomery Ward) (made in England) rat; 1978 Schwinn Collegiate 3; 3G (white w/red rims) cruiser (gave it to a friend today). Looks like a lot of bikes but I purchased most of the later bikes for less than $100.

The rat bikes are fun to build. The Micargi is beautiful and rides VERY well for a cruiser. The Novara Team is a great road bike though it was a tri-bike for five years. Bicycles and motorcycles are providing a lot of fun during my recent retirement with bicycles being the most entertaining. Close to getting the Huffy and Clipper ready to ride this week. The Schwinn and Hawthorne are a month or so out. The Schwinn Collegiate 3 is getting new tires and a tune-up and will be a good Coffee Cruiser.

I would like to build a bike with the Xtracycle and a single wheel trailer. This should be a good grocery getter and inter-city traveler.

Looking forward to gaining information from this forum to complete most of these projects.

where are the photos fella?
Wow, tomatocity. You really ARE a newbie with that collection. I missed the business from 2003 to 2009 and SO much changed that I feel ... uhh... overwhelmed, at times. You will have fun playing Catch Up, though. Good to have you here!
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)