Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the June Giveaway to Win the Kazam Buddi 20" Aluminum Trailer Bike

Tour de France 2024
Tour de France starts this Saturday!
What are your predictions? Tadej Pogačar is the big favourite with Vingegaard and Roglič as his main rivals. Vingegaard overcame heavy injuries (including punctured lung) sustained in April while Roglič doesn't have strong team support. So I'm not sure about my prediction.

The tour starts with a hilly Stage 1 (high watchability rating, Florence to Rimini >200km) and I predict that it will have quite an impact already on GC standings.
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)
I think Tadej should attempt to kick butt in the early stages and test the mettle of the other contenders to immediately weed out the field. The healthy ones will hang on and maybe those top riders that are still recuperating from recent injuries, but in general I think no one who is not 100% will be able to hang with him come the mid stages. He'll have a great psychological advantage with how his season has been going and his team is set up perfect to protect him at all costs.
Pray there are no crashes or injuries to affect the outcome no matter who prevails.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
I'm still hoping and rooting for a Mark Cavendish stage win as a fitting farewell to an awesome career 🙏

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

07-29-2023, 08:39 PM
Last Post: ichitan

09-22-2020, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Papa Dom

11-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JoJoJo