Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Echo-J6 Cyclocomputer Pro 6
Does anyone have a manual for this? Or can anyone tell me how to operate it? I've never had a cyclocomputer before. When I went on the Echowell website, it did not contain information about my model.

I have inherited a bike with it on. I have replaced the battery and it just shows "0.0 Km/H" and "SPD" It does not want to show anything else.

Thanks in anticipation
Can you post a photo of it.
Quite often computers are generic and have similar operations.
Ride hard or ride home alone!
(01-18-2010, 03:08 PM)cyclerUK Wrote:  Can you post a photo of it.
Quite often computers are generic and have similar operations.

Sorry no.

It has the one button.

Has it got to be in the mount on the handlebars before I can start altering settings?

Thanks!
Hehehe good ole Sheldon's Site!
This should help you make sure you read the whole page to get the most out of it ......

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputer-calibration.html#ccc
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
To alter settings you don't need to have the it in the holder.
But it obviously has to be in the holder to work.
If you check out the front wheel there should be a magnet attached to one (or 2) of the spokes.
There should be a sensor on one of the fork legs that the magnet has to go past.
The sensor detects the passing magnet and sends a signal to the computer. There should be a thin wire from the sensor to the holder. (Unless it's a wireless one?)
Fit the computer and spin the wheel to make it work.
If it doesn't work then the sensor might be near enough too the magnet.
Another test:- If you look on the back of the computer there will be 2 bare metal contacts.
Get a piece of metal wire (paper clip) and short the 2 contacts out. Flicking the wire across both contacts should make the computer work if it is working O.K.
You will need to go through a procedure to set the computer up.
Usually:-
Set Km or Miles.
Set wheel circumference.
Set time.

Here is an Echowell instruction sheet that may be similar to yours:-
http://www.echowell.com.tw/images/product/Beta_Set_en.pdf

It mentions pressing the "ALL clear key".
There may be a reset button (small hole?) on the back of the computer or you have to remove the battery and then re-insert to cause a reset.

Hope this helps.
Ride hard or ride home alone!
Thanks cyclerUK, that looks it. I hope my 'print screen' will produce it so I can read it.

(01-18-2010, 04:22 PM)Bill Wrote:  Hehehe good ole Sheldon's Site!
This should help you make sure you read the whole page to get the most out of it ......

Thanks Bill

So I click on "Echo" then the nearest model is Echo J-7, that mentions two buttons. I've only go the one. I wonder if there was a 'cover' around the switch, because now it's in a recess.
Try cyclers link above it is a better link.

(01-18-2010, 05:41 PM)Familycat Wrote:  Thanks cyclerUK, that looks it. I hope my 'print screen' will produce it so I can read it.

(01-18-2010, 04:22 PM)Bill Wrote:  Hehehe good ole Sheldon's Site!

Thanks Bill

So I click on "Echo" then the nearest model is Echo J-7, that mentions two buttons. I've only go the one. I wonder if there was a 'cover' around the switch, because now it's in a recess.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I received an e-mail from Echowell with two file attachments for fitting and calibrating.

I'll gladly e-mail these to anyone who might need them.

The weather will not allow me to do anymore, but I realise now the outer mode button is missing. I think it will still work O.K. even though it looks a little odd.

Cheers
FC
Don't know if this query is still alive... but I have a circa 1995 paper manual for a Echo-J6. Let me know if you are still on the hunt and I will scan and email.
Thanks Muirineach

Welcome to the forum.

Is it two sides of A4? First section "Main Unit Setup". Last Precautions?

Please don't lose it or any components; if the company remove the link, then your help may well be called upon.
Cheers
F.C.