Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Bike prices roll back?
Hey guys, been seeing alot of huge discounts in the local market these days, there seems to be a huge drop in demand for bikes in general and there is a huge surplus of supply so we see bikes at 30 to 50% off here in south east asia.

Bike Shop owners from everywhere:
Do you guys experience this too? What are you doing to survive?

Everyone else: are you seeing the same thing happening in your country? Show us your biggest haul so far
-I haven't see any drops in good bike prices but on the other hand NOTHING is selling.
Two major cycling product distributors went bust in the UK in the last month or so.
Here is one I posted in another topic. A nice bike reduced by nearly 60%.

Anyone wanting to buy a bike, now is a good time to find a bargain.
This is so interesting. During Covid times and a year after, so much shortage of bikes and bike-related stuff. Now, even some bike shop guys said they are seeing sales/clearance by even some of the big gear manufacturers. The shop mechanics' opinion was that maybe folks overestimated the demand.:-(

Truly sad to see such extremes: dearth or oversupply..
I have not seen a prices drop on quality bicycles, nor quality parts. Walmart bicycles yes they are not in stock, or are heavily discounted. Same bikes are at all big box stores, with different decals, maybe different colour paint.

Counterfeit parts are showing up, fake Shimano chains are filtering into legitimate distribution channels. Remember the average bicycle shop mechanic can recognize these fakes immediately...

Ebike, no torque sensor installed, pass or do not purchase a electric bicycle with the cheap cadence sensor. Buy a different model or brand, if there is no torque sensor installed...
Nope. No price drop in mountain bikes. There are always discounts running on old bikes but nothing like 30 - 50 %. Another thing, the popular bike companies offer no discounts I am talking about the really creative ones like Rad. New frame materials and geometries, research, quality components these things are costly on any bike.
I haven’t seen a drop in the US, but with the economy I feel like it would make sense if they were putting on clearances and sales for them. But wish they were putting big sales up here lol. Maybe it hasn’t reached us yet though
(05-25-2023, 04:23 PM)enkei Wrote:  Two major cycling product distributors went bust in the UK in the last month or so.

That is sad to hear, I hope that doesnt catch on a big distributor closing is always a huge loss since they surely employ alot of people. I havent seen a distributor close up here yet but alot of retailers have already bit the bullet and closed shop permanently or pivoted to online sales
If you all ever hear or find out about any and all price drops on ebikes please lmk. I'm looking into them still and hope it drops in price soon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

09-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Robb