Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Server Upgrades
I am in the process of switching this site to a new server. I'm hoping to have the transfer fully completed by January 15th. While it is happening, you will still be able to use the site, but members may not be able to post in the forums for a day or two (I'll put a message at the top of the forum during this period).

We have outgrown the current hosting provider's capabilities, and as a result I've started having problems keeping the site online safely and reliably. I've also grown tired of having to do so much work to monitor the site and keep hackers and spammers at bay. Most of my time is spent doing background work to keep it running. Obviously I'd like to spend more time on the front-end producing more tutorials.

I've been researching hosts and services to find one right for us. I've finally found an excellent host located in Chicago. The cost is 4 times as much as I'm paying now, but it should provide lighting fast speeds and a team of professionals who will manage the server security and reliability for us.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a worthwhile investment!
1st I would like to thank you very very much Alex for all your time, effort, and kindness!! Without your generosity and willingness to help and give to many people I do not think there would be a bicycle site like this. There really are no other sites like it. When you say background work, I will back you up on that as I used to run a few websites back in the day. At any rate again thank you very much for all that you are doing for us.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I would also like to thank you very much I have learn a few tricks on this site as well you never get to old to learn or at least I hope not. Wish I could do more to help. This site does seems to help a lot of people. I wish I was a know it all but that want ever happen lol. Working on bicycle can be fun and it can be well you know but it does teach you a lot of things when you work on them I never had any problem to replace a chain until the other night it gave me heck but it was the first time to use a quick link chain cutting the chain was easy but getting it put on was another thing lol. You have been a great help to me as you have to lots of us many many thanks.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind words and support :-)
Phew, 72 hours later it's all done (I think). Should be on the new server now. If anyone notices any site errors be sure to let me know :-)
Yes I definitely see a speed increase in server to browser load time great job!! Smile
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!