Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Cycling photos while on holiday
Photo 
This is me with my (now retired) Carbon Concepts Phoenix bike which gave me many miles pleasure cycling on tours and holidays - especially up and down mountains! I have now other bikes I take with me on trips (in Europe) but my ol' Phoenix still holds some pretty special memories ... and PB's!!
Let's see your bike while on holiday too...
[Image: 2014-06-19-18.27.46.jpg]
MD @europeancyclingtours

[Image: ECT-logo-770x607px-no-bg.png]
Where was the picture taken? What is that building?
(01-07-2022, 07:40 AM)jeffg Wrote:  Where was the picture taken? What is that building?

It's Mont Ventoux in France, 1912m above sea level.
It's one of the most iconic climbs in Tour de France. I'm looking forward to climbing Mt Ventoux some time soon, hopefully in 2022 or 2023 Smile
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)
This is a nice picture! I don't usually bring a bike with me on a holidays or rent one!
Every day is a holiday. Here is ride I did a couple weeks ago exploring the local historic bridges...

https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvEA9Lx1Gv

Great photos Jan!
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(01-06-2022, 11:44 AM)Jason @ect Wrote:  This is me with my (now retired) Carbon Concepts Phoenix bike which gave me many miles pleasure cycling on tours and holidays - especially up and down mountains! I have now other bikes I take with me on trips (in Europe) but my ol' Phoenix still holds some pretty special memories ... and PB's!!
Let's see your bike while on holiday too...

I post images to strava for most rides.
https://www.strava.com/athletes/2040282

I also post most of the same images to instagram every time I spin the pedals.
https://www.instagram.com/vegas_namida/ 2,105 postings

JR

One of my favorite areas to road cycle in North-Central Massachusetts; rolling hills, small towns, great beer!

Mt Wachusett is a paved road (cars allowed, but very little traffic; mostly walkers/hikers and cyclists) "trail" that summits the mountain. I was rather beat and not in good enough shape (injuries/illness) to summit this time so went as far as I could, and then did some hiking and photography.

Mt. Wachusett looking across Mare Meadow lake, and the Leominster State Forest single track trails.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
I do a ride from my holiday home to a hilly area not too far away, and in doing so pass through the center of Westminster, Massachusetts. I was surprised to see a bunch of painted dogs mounted along Main St. so I decided to shoot some photos before their removal this fall when put up for auction. You can look up the Westminster "Dog Show" for more info.

This also gave me a break before the tough part of the ride (8 mile ride to get to High Ridge area) which entails climbs totalling about 1250ft of elevation in and around the High Ridge Wildlife Managrment Area. Probably best ridden on a hybrid or cross bike because there are paved and off-road trails with plently of low traffic or no traffic shaded roadways in the area so a road bike is still a great option, but best to have proper gearing for climbing some short but steep grades. I do about 8 climbs (150-325ft each) in about a 7 mile loop.

I think I counted 32 dogs on my way back through town, but I only photo'd 28 when riding outbound to the trails.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
More dogs:

Attached Files Image(s)

Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
And a couple more:

Attached Files Image(s)

Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
Cool dogs!