Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Sensah Empire road groupset
What do you think about Sensah Empire road groupset, from China? I have my eyes on 2x11 speed
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
I haven't had the opportunity to try any of those yet. For the price, they are tempting. Not a bad style either.

For new-branded components in general, I find it tends to take time for the component manufacturing to mature.

I would expect throw-away performance that lasts about a season or two.
(03-03-2021, 08:47 AM)Sagan97 Wrote:  What do you think about Sensah Empire road groupset, from China? I have my eyes on 2x11 speed

Mechanics in my area dont have a problem with it so I trust it enough, I think its a good solution to all the price hikes of Shimano and SRAM in recent years
I can't move away from Shimano. It has carried me through all these years. Worth the money
I think it depends partly on which version you get. Trace Velo's done a bunch of videos on the Empire groupset. I think this one is the most recent.

(06-29-2023, 02:02 PM)enkei Wrote:  I think it depends partly on which version you get. Trace Velo's done a bunch of videos on the Empire groupset. I think this one is the most recent.

I have to add that I remember he had one or two problems with some Sensah stuff but I can't remember exactly what those problems were and whether it was the Empire or Team Pro. He certainly covered the problems in detail.
(06-29-2023, 02:02 PM)enkei Wrote:  I think it depends partly on which version you get. Trace Velo's done a bunch of videos on the Empire groupset. I think this one is the most recent.

I have to add that I remember he had one or two problems with some Sensah stuff but I can't remember exactly what those problems were and whether it was the Empire or Team Pro. He certainly covered the problems in detail.

Thanks for sharing these, ill check it out
It's well worth seeing this video Cade published yesterday. Racer put 20k miles on his.

If you ride your bikes into the ground AND are crap at servicing/maintenance, Sensah Empire might not be for you. Who knew? Big Grin
(07-05-2023, 05:11 AM)enkei Wrote:  It's well worth seeing this video Cade published yesterday. Racer put 20k miles on his.

If you ride your bikes into the ground AND are crap at servicing/maintenance, Sensah Empire might not be for you. Who knew? Big Grin

Here I am, watching this youtube video at 3 a.m.
Thanks for sharing! Big Grin

p.s.
I didn't get Sensah Empire groupset back in 2021. Maybe in 2023?
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
Big Grin 
(07-06-2023, 05:04 AM)Sagan97 Wrote:  
(07-05-2023, 05:11 AM)enkei Wrote:  It's well worth seeing this video Cade published yesterday. Racer put 20k miles on his.

Here I am, watching this youtube video at 3 a.m.
Thanks for sharing! Big Grin

p.s.
I didn't get Sensah Empire groupset back in 2021. Maybe in 2023?

I thought 3am was the time we're all supposed to be watching YouTube? Big Grin