Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Traveling to texas
Hey, i am planing to move to texas for some quality time. with my bike. I am currently at new york. Struggling to find a bike shipper.

I want to travel as since last 4-5 month i haven't travel. But due to Covid don't know active shipping company for my bike.

Earlier, I used to do my bike transport through Citizenshipper but don't know whether they are available right now or not.

I have two questions for you guys :- 1) Any active shipping company at present which you might know

2) What precautions should i take before leaving.

Thanks in advance .
(08-07-2020, 01:26 PM)qerymick Wrote:  Hey, i am planing to move to texas for some quality time. with my bike. I am currently at new york. Struggling to find a bike shipper.

I want to travel as since last 4-5 month i haven't travel. But due to Covid don't know active shipping company for my bike.

Earlier, I used to do my bike transport through Citizenshipper but don't know whether they are available right now or not.

I have two questions for you guys :- 1) Any active shipping company at present which you might know

2) What precautions should i take before leaving.

Thanks in advance .

Welcome "qerymick",

I know bikeflights.com is still shipping. I have been getting larger components (wheels, etc.) shipped by them over the last 3 months without issue.
Regarding precautions, are you referring to the shipping of the bike and/or personal?
If personal, are you flying or travelling by ground (car, bus, train)?
I work in a hospital, and I'm familiar with bike packing.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(08-09-2020, 09:16 AM)Jesper Wrote:  Welcome "qerymick",

I know bikeflights.com is still shipping. I have been getting larger components (wheels, etc.) shipped by them over the last 3 months without issue.
Regarding precautions, are you referring to the shipping of the bike and/or personal?
If personal, are you flying or travelling by ground (car, bus, train)?
I work in a hospital, and I'm familiar with bike packing.

Thanks Jesper, i will surly consider them
As for your second question, it's always a good idea to take some precautions before embarking on a trip. You might want to make sure your bike is in good condition before you leave, so it doesn't break down on the way. You should also make sure you have all the necessary documents and licenses with you. In terms of flights, if you're interested in business class, you might want to look into some deals that different airlines are currently offering. I personally always get cheap business class flights from a great company, and it really makes a difference in terms of comfort during long flights.