Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take part in the October Giveaway for a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot urban gravel bike from Van Dessel Cycles

Traveling to texas
Hey, i am planing to move to texas for some quality time. with my bike. I am currently at new york. Struggling to find a bike shipper.

I want to travel as since last 4-5 month i haven't travel. But due to Covid don't know active shipping company for my bike.

Earlier, I used to do my bike transport through Citizenshipper but don't know whether they are available right now or not.

I have two questions for you guys :- 1) Any active shipping company at present which you might know

2) What precautions should i take before leaving.

Thanks in advance .
(08-07-2020, 01:26 PM)qerymick Wrote:  Hey, i am planing to move to texas for some quality time. with my bike. I am currently at new york. Struggling to find a bike shipper.

I want to travel as since last 4-5 month i haven't travel. But due to Covid don't know active shipping company for my bike.

Earlier, I used to do my bike transport through Citizenshipper but don't know whether they are available right now or not.

I have two questions for you guys :- 1) Any active shipping company at present which you might know

2) What precautions should i take before leaving.

Thanks in advance .

Welcome "qerymick",

I know bikeflights.com is still shipping. I have been getting larger components (wheels, etc.) shipped by them over the last 3 months without issue.
Regarding precautions, are you referring to the shipping of the bike and/or personal?
If personal, are you flying or travelling by ground (car, bus, train)?
I work in a hospital, and I'm familiar with bike packing.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(08-09-2020, 09:16 AM)Jesper Wrote:  Welcome "qerymick",

I know bikeflights.com is still shipping. I have been getting larger components (wheels, etc.) shipped by them over the last 3 months without issue.
Regarding precautions, are you referring to the shipping of the bike and/or personal?
If personal, are you flying or travelling by ground (car, bus, train)?
I work in a hospital, and I'm familiar with bike packing.

Thanks Jesper, i will surly consider them