Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

How many went for a ride today?
I was out pounding the dike again for 25 minutes (in my middle 70's so I don't want to overdo it) on the heavy bike you see in my Avarar. It was about 45F and misty. You could feel the moisture in the air. Just 25 minutes on a heavy bike, gives the respiratory system a good cleaning. After that I tore down a cheap bike I'm recycling. Bought a bike service repair stand from Park Tools, through Amazon Canada at Xmas and cannot believe how much enjoyment I get using that. I started into this hobby a couple of years ago and find it a great way to pass time the time. Hunting for used bikes, riding, recycling and repairing is a good way to pass the time. So who else road today?
"Where ever we go, there we are"
i got two mountain bikes for sale and two i used for whatever i ride on both very good cept one is my senior project and the other one im riding it more or working on upgrading it
southern pride
Quote:So who else road today?

I went for a test ride after wrestling with the new set of fenders I installed all weekend, and headed home when it started to rain.
Ordered 2 new winter kits today so I can go for some rides. Been getting sick and lost energy since I had to stop riding in July. Nashbar.com had an amazing sale going on. Got 2 kits for $220.00. Got Santini, AGU, Louis Garneau and some C-dale. Good prices and today extra 20 percent off. Can't wait!
Nobody ever said "I wish I would have gotten less of a bike!"

Cervelo S5
Cannondale F29 1 alloy Lefty
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

Good for you. riding is what it is all about. I went out again to day. that is 6 - 25 minute rides in the last 7 days for me. it was another nice misty day, little wind. I saw another 4 riders going along the dike as well. I came home and had a nice Salami and cheese open face sandwhich on Rye with a hot coffee. then went out and cleaned the work shop. just a great day.
"Where ever we go, there we are"
that's cool
southern pride
Elmore, You kick butt! Mid seventies and going strong. Hope I will be able to do that when I get there. God bless you brother!
Bill
Nobody ever said "I wish I would have gotten less of a bike!"

Cervelo S5
Cannondale F29 1 alloy Lefty
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

(01-13-2015, 03:23 PM)fishboy316 Wrote:  Elmore, You kick butt! Mid seventies and going strong. Hope I will be able to do that when I get there. God bless you brother!
Bill

I 2nd that. Lots of respect to Elmore who's already blessed if he's fit enough to be able to ride in his mid 70's. Many people haven't lived to see that age and many others aren't physically able to do so. May God bless us all who use this site so that we may ride on deep into our twilight years.
(01-10-2015, 07:56 PM)elmore leonard Wrote:  I was out pounding the dike again for 25 minutes (in my middle 70's so I don't want to overdo it) on the heavy bike you see in my Avarar. It was about 45F and misty. You could feel the moisture in the air. Just 25 minutes on a heavy bike, gives the respiratory system a good cleaning. After that I tore down a cheap bike I'm recycling. Bought a bike service repair stand from Park Tools, through Amazon Canada at Xmas and cannot believe how much enjoyment I get using that. I started into this hobby a couple of years ago and find it a great way to pass time the time. Hunting for used bikes, riding, recycling and repairing is a good way to pass the time. So who else road today?

I agree, its a great way to pass the time. I usually ride A 30 mile round trip from home (Waltham Cross) to work (Central London) and back. Today I didn't ride though. I looked out the back door and it was raining hard so just chickened out which is not really like me but I guess its one of those days. I forgot that the London Bus Drivers were on strike so people had no choice but to use tubes (Subway) and trains and all the stations were packed. I made it back home ok but just wished I had stuck to my bike. To be honest I have been in a lazy unmotivated phase and although I still ride it doesn't take much for me to opt for public transport instead.