Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Swatch bike
[attachment=5410]

hi i have a Swatch limited edition mountain bike. I dont know anything about this bike. I would like to sell it but not sure what its worth or where to sell it. It has the panels in the back wheels saying swatch the bike is red and white. And it was bought in 1993. Thats all i know could you help.
Where are you located? take lots of clear close up pics of over all condition, stickers like on the fork and tubes, shifters, derailleurs, crank and such, the Bottom bracket area where the chain slap might occur and I can give you a better Idea, I might even throw an offer your way
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
ok will do. The bike is immaculate condition as it was only ridden the once to get home when bought. So there are no faults with the bike. Its been in storage since bought. I will up load when i get a chance.
Awesome I am digging it, I would love it my collection
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(10-18-2014, 10:30 AM)painkiller Wrote:  Awesome I am digging it, I would love it my collection
Would you trick out the drive train etc... or polish & restore? Not a lot of images on google:

[Image: swatch-1.jpg]

[Image: swatch-6_300.jpg]
I would leave as is if it was complete, looks like it is. I would just frame off inspect rebuild, repair any scratches/chips while keeping paint as original as possible. I know if I needed somewhere in storage I have Deore cranks, derailleurs and such that match what I see in the her picture, just to sweeten the pot a bit. I figure the bike cost around $600 new, the equipment says it is more than likely a 91ish. Just another decently equipped ole steelie, kinda of a conversation piece. the last one I saw on ebay I think had a start bid of $600 ended up no bids and no sale. I would keep it enjoy it and let my kids worry it about after I croak! Back then Swatch pounded the market with advertising and watches and sponsored some bike events. Value unless a freak popped up with a fat wallet and wanted it, I would say in line with any other name brand bike in nice condition with the same equipment. Sandie I did send u a private message and would like to talk to you about it if you want to sell it.