Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

1988 or 87' Schwinn WorldSport
This is the bike I picked up for my wife 2 days before she found her a Trek 2100 road bike. One owner, indexed shifting 12 speed. Cromo frame and not in to bad a shape. One thing I can say about bikes like this is they hold value if you buy them right. This one is for sale now, no reasonable offer refused, and I will ship too.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Nice bike, you do a great job man!
Nobody ever said "I wish I would have gotten less of a bike!"

Cervelo S5
Cannondale F29 1 alloy Lefty
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

Nice bike, few more years and I'll need a girlie bike to get on it. :-)
Never Give Up!!!
Thanks Bill, She is a beauty, she is loud for sure. It takes an average of 15 to 20 hours time for me to do a complete tear down, inspect,clean and polish, and assemble. I only charge an average of $100 + parts to do this as a service. I bought this bike for $30. I put new cables, and new white wall tires and thats it. I had posted it for $200. I had 4 friends all wanting it the second they saw it. I had to break a couple hearts on this ride. I let it go for $150. still have to string the cables and get it delivered this week. I will post pics of it complete before I send her down the road.
(06-28-2014, 09:39 PM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Nice bike, few more years and I'll need a girlie bike to get on it. :-)
I know what you mean George, I am getting there myself, But will probably go straight to a walker or wheel chair! Sad
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Just about ready to go to a new home.To bad no one wanted to pay for chip repair as it could have been near mint. They will be happy with her none the less, it runs out smooth and quiet.
Nice bike, chips just give it character. The rear brake cable loop seems kind of long.
Never Give Up!!!
Yea nice bike if they are your cup of tea. The cable's are original. Every nut and bolt, housing, bar tape, plugs, crank caps, pedals, etc
is original. I only put the whitewall tires, cables, and did decide to put a new chain on it for the hell of it. The chips though few would have been an easy repair but was not in the profit margin I wanted. I could have easily got $200 chips or not. I run ads now and again to buy bicycles and I got contacted by a lady who had three for me to look at. One I told her to sit by the curb and will be gone in no time, one was another Schwinn Traveler she would have taken $20 for but I told her I think I know someone looking for a bike that and I could get her more for it than that, so he came over and paid her $80, she loves me now. The guy who bought the Traveler for $80 would never buy a bike from me because he always said I was too expensive. I have not talked to him but I am sure he should realize by now, maybe I am not so expensive after all. The Traveler is what I would not have given $20 for in the first place. I do know he seems happy with it compared to the other bikes he was looking at for more money. Happiness after all is the bottom line, right? Here are the pics of her other bike that I would not give $20 for but the guy who bought it came to her house looked at it and gave $80. I just stood and watched. I never told him it was a good deal or not. He knew what he wanted and he knows nothing about bikes, and I did tell him it is nothing to throw a hundred or so into most any used bike. If I would have bought that bike for $20 and dumped $150 in it with a total frame refurb and tried to sell it to him for $200 he would have not taken it for one reason or another because I am too expensive. He will have $200 in it by the time he is done and will still in my opinion need a frame off inspect and rebuild. the wheels will never have seen a true stand or the bearings even checked, he knows not how to do any of it yet alone have tools. Some people you just cannot help if you try, so I helped the lady sell her bikes instead.