Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Thruster® Retrogade Giveaway coming soon: 5/7

Dunlop mountain bike gear shifter
hi there

I have a dunlop signature series Raider mountain bike. The three speed gear shifter on the left no longer catches and I can only use gears 13-18.

the gear shifters have no name on them but the derailleur has the dunlop logo on it. I have tried to contact dunlop with no luck. Do you have any idea which gear changers are compatible with this bike

Greg Moran
Shimano front derailleur shifter should work, is it a friction or indexed shifter??
(10-16-2013, 07:52 PM)bobtravers Wrote:  Shimano front derailleur shifter should work, is it a friction or indexed shifter??

Hi Bob
thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am completely ignorant about the technical aspects of the equipment. There is no name or code or serial number on it, leaving me to believe that it's a bit of a budget mountain bike, one that you wouldn't want to go up a mountain on.
I have just looked up definitions of friction and index shifters and it is definitely an index shifter
well, almost any Shimano mountain bike front derailleur shifter should work

find a good LBS near you that is willing to show you how to replace your shifter with a brand new one, that way you'll learn!!!
(10-18-2013, 09:07 AM)bobtravers Wrote:  well, almost any Shimano mountain bike front derailleur shifter should work

find a good LBS near you that is willing to show you how to replace your shifter with a brand new one, that way you'll learn!!!

thanks Bob
I have ordered some shimano shifters. I thought that I might as well do both at the same time, as well as the cables. I will let you know how it goes.
Greg
Be sure to order the rear shifter paired with the number of cogs (number of speeds)

Possibly Related Threads...