Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Vintage General Mountain Shadow ATB
Thought I would post a couple pics of a MId 80's brand that was short lived and most have never even heard of before. Just grabbed it up to offer to college students that need a basic bicycle @ cheap price. I figure let them steal the Treks and Giants and the like, and if the General got stolen it might be easier to recover because it is so rare.
It doe's have nice Suntour Hero components and is in overall decent shape, all the nice Q's an 80's ATB has to offer. I dig the riser Bullhorn bars.Enjoy the pics
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Well glad I had time to post some pics, Put it on craigslist and sold it in less than an hour! Oh well glad I got to see one.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
No wonder it sold quickly, nice picture too. Nice looking bike, but a one piece crank? Are those like 20 year old OEM tires?
I use a bike for everything, shopping etc... so I like a more thrashed looking bike for the theft reasons you mentioned, I'm in central CA (= Northern Mexico) & the crime rate is incredible. I mean unbelievable, there's no room in the jails here for anyone except violent criminals.
Yea those are the original 25yr + tires. Everything original except the grips, seat. It is what it is. I told the guy when he trashes those tires give me a call and I will toss him some good used ones. Most of my refurbs get all new tubes and tires so I always donate used tubes and tires to the less fortunate to help them out. This bike was bundled with the Yongjiu Forever Bicycle and it was just a flip.sold it for $60 delivered, had $40 in it. Those are sugino cranks, many lower end Atb's
of that era had this style crank. Its a shame about all the crime nowadays. Growing up we just did not do that stuff, where will it all end?