Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Tires continue to deflate
Okay, so I've had this problem for a while but never really got around to fixing it. My tires continue to deflate and become unusable within 3 minutes of riding, so i firstly took the tube out to check whether it had been damaged or not after checking it i couldn't find any punctures, but i decided to buy some new tubes anyway just in case now with the new tubes installed, i still find myself deflating within minutes of riding. So i was wondering if theres anything else i should check before taking it into a shop to be fixed, thanks in advance
check the valve stem and make sure it is thought.
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
If replacement tubes are also deflating, then you may have problems with either the tire or the rim. Do a thorough check of both before installing a new innertube. Could be a shard of something in the tire or a burr on the rim or perhaps a dent along the rim of the wheel.

Another possibility is that you are somehow creating a puncture in the innertube during installation.
(02-18-2013, 09:54 PM)XylaG Wrote:  so i firstly took the tube out to check whether it had been damaged or not after checking it i couldn't find any punctures,

Note the relation of the tube to the wheel & tire, ie: which side & the relation to valve stem. Remove the tube, fill the sink with water, 10-15CM deep. Let it settle. Pump the tube until it will hold a round shape. Immerse gently & look for bubbles, do one section of the tire at a time, including the valve. There will be a leak. Once you find the leak, you can find the offending spot on the wheel or tire.