Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Strong Tires
Greetings I am looking for a very strong 26" mountain bike tire that can handle being loaded with panniers while being ridden over extreme off road conditions at times. I have tried Kenda's and had problems with them splitting at the lip, i was in a very remote area and ended up having to sew the lip back to the side wall to continue. i have also had continentals which i had quite a bit more luck with, though unfortunately i don't remember the model of the ones i used that time. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Zac
I run continentals on my bike (26" mountain bike) and will most likely never going to change that. I use Continental CityContacts for on the road and then run Continental Verticals for my offroad riding. They're by far my favorite brand of tire I've used.
I jut bought a set of Continental Ultra Gatorskins but those are for my road bike. Haven't needed any MTB tires, but from all of the reading that I have done, it looks like you can't go wrong with any of the Continental line of tires.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
do not know where you are from, but here is a link to the best all around tire for the money I have ever used, I have used many types of rubber over the years. what I like about these are the crown of the the tire and the firm tread blocks, they wear well and are pretty quiet and smooth on pavement
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_172915_-1_202642_10000_202470#ReviewHeader
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"