Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Cycleops Riser Block Question
Would anyone happen to know what the three angles of rise are on a Cycleops riser block? I have looked all over the net for the answer but have yet to find it or I'm putting in a bad search string. Nothing on their web site or on the riser that lets you know the angle of rise on the front wheel.

In the meantime, I guess I'll keep trying the web to see if I get a hit on my search.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
(04-04-2011, 05:50 PM)JohnV Wrote:  Would anyone happen to know what the three angles of rise are on a Cycleops riser block? I have looked all over the net for the answer but have yet to find it or I'm putting in a bad search string. Nothing on their web site or on the riser that lets you know the angle of rise on the front wheel.

In the meantime, I guess I'll keep trying the web to see if I get a hit on my search.

Low, Medium and High. Smile
I have one buried in a closet, JV. I'll try to dig it out and measure for you.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Rob, I actually have one but I'm curious as to what the angles are so I can set the trainer for the best resistance according to angle. The search on the Net only has user reviews and where to buy. If I can't find the answer today on some different search strings then I guess I have to take some measurements and do it the old fashioned way .... calculate them.
HCFR Cycling Team
<i>"The CycleOps Riser Block's unique three level design, let's you pick a height for your front tire that will make your trainer riding time more comfortable and productive. You'll train harder and longer, because you'll be riding a more natural position. Virtually indestrucible, the injection-molded Riser blocks stabilizes your bike for a worry free in any rear mounted trainer."</i>

That's from the first response on google for "Cycleops riser block three levels"

The angle won't have any effect on resistance. It is so you can adjust the position you sit on the bike. The 'normal' position would be to make the bike level, but some people like to angle it a bit for comfort or to simulate a climbing position.
Dave,

Quote:The angle won't have any effect on resistance. It is so you can adjust the position you sit on the bike. The 'normal' position would be to make the bike level, but some people like to angle it a bit for comfort or to simulate a climbing position

That is correct. It's the angle to simulate a climbing position that I am after. I don't have two risers (as suggested by Cycleops) so I want to know (or calculate) the angle so that I can place the riser on a platform who's height would be determined by the angle of the riser. The resistance will be set on the trainer according to the angle so that the training session is closer to riding an actual hill. At least that is what I am shooting for.
HCFR Cycling Team