Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Shimano Clipless Pedals
I got a set of Shaimano XTR Clipless Pedals today.This is my first set to ever use. I have heard that it would take a little while to get use to them and learn how to clip in and out of them. But I guess watching the videos on how to get in and out of them and talking to my LBS help me more than I thought it would. It's like I have use them all of my life lol no problem getting in or out of them. and my new shoes are so soft better than my reg pair of shoes. Guess it pays to ask a lot of ? before you jump in to something new. And don't even ask what all this cost me lol. I want tell if you ask either. But I now have my Surly LHT all setup and ready to start my tour to Bangor Maine. Now I have to start looking for all the places I want to go and what rout I want to go with. And pick a time to start but this heat wave is killing me here but I don't want it to be to cold to start on it either so I have my job cut out for me now. Anyone want to join me on the tour to Bangor Maine? Time is all I have. So let me know if anyone here would like to go we can talk about it a little.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Nothing like jumping at the deep end, I think I would gave started with something a little less expensive than XTR if I hadn't ever tried them before. Smile

When I first got some SPD pedals, I made the clips pretty slack to start with then tightened them back up a bit when I got used to them.
(07-29-2010, 07:48 PM)xerxes Wrote:  Nothing like jumping at the deep end, I think I would gave started with something a little less expensive than XTR if I hadn't ever tried them before. Smile

When I first got some SPD pedals, I made the clips pretty slack to start with then tightened them back up a bit when I got used to them.

I always did like the deep end lol.But I knew what I wanted lol.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.