Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Truvativ Hussefelt insert problem
Hey Guys,

Have any of you dealt with the pedal insert sleeves on these crank arms? I am trying to install new pedals and these inserts are coming out with the drive side pedal. The non-drive side came out with no problems. Any advice?
That shouldn't happen, contact the manufacturers and see what the warranty, replacement situation is.
Yeah, I checked the website and I would need to be the original owner of the cranks. Which I am not. So I am stuck with a bad crank. Off to craigslist I go
Pedal Inserts? If you want the insert to stay take it out with the pedal, then take it off the pedal, and then put it back in with some JB weld or something proper for the kind of metal so it will permanently stay in place. Sorry if that is wrong advice but it is the only I can think off.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I don't think I'd want to risk a repair on such a critical and highly stressed part. If it failed when you were out of the saddle on a hard climb it could be nasty. I snapped a chain climbing a hill the other day and nearly did myself a mischief on the cross bar. Confused
If ya look at it like that then yes best to hit up craigslist!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Yeah I'm now considering just buying a new crank altogether. I think I need to invest more into this bike than I originally decided. Sometimes you just gotta throw down to get it the way you want it.
I think you've been very unlucky there, I've never seen pedal inserts come out easily like that in Hussefelt cranks. I've had a set for ages on my Downhill bike and the inserts are the only interface that isn't now completely worn out (hence why there's something else there now).

If the inserts are that bad the ISIS interface is probably completely gone and really not worth using (my ISIS interface was so badly worn I could take the cranks off with one hand and no tools! They proceeded to eat my BB so I've had to replace the entire chainset). Find yourself some new ones, but normally Hussefelts are pretty bombproof so I'm sure you've been given a really duff set.
I scrapped the crank set and got a shimano LX crank set for a really good price w/ bottom bracket included. It was just what the bike needed. Rides like a dream now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post