Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My Surly LHT Bicycle
Here it is sweet for sure.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Sweet touring bike with ALL the accessories Smile . This could very well beat Yehuda Moon's bike Wink . Nice job!!!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Thanks Bill I know I sure have put the money in to it. And the time doing it wow time goes by fast. Want be long I hope before I can start my trip.
Mon you Surly can take it with you.:-) How long a trip are you planing and where.

BTW looks like you never got the GPS unit????
Never Give Up!!!
(07-25-2010, 01:07 PM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Mon you Surly can take it with you.:-) How long a trip are you planing and where.

BTW looks like you never got the GPS unit????

Did not want a GPS I like the old way maps lol.If all goes well I am going to Bangor Maine its about 2035 miles one way.But I will drive back for sure just not sure when I can leave I hope its not to hot of weather when I do go but I don't want it to be cold either this will be my first long trip have done some small trips to check out my bike ever thing work great on it so if I am lucky it should take about 68 days to get there.But with the weather it could take a lot longer and I don't mind I am in no hurry to get there.I just want to travel by bicycle to see all the things you miss if you drive or fly.And yes I will post pics as I can while on the road I am on my little Acer Aspireone now it has done me well so far.It's small and light weight.
Well I wouldn't want to have to carry it when fully loaded but I hope you enjoy the trips that it deserves.
Where do you intend riding?
Is that an aerial (or a flag stick) on the rear?
Ride hard or ride home alone!
OK I know where you are going , but whats your 10-20, current location?

BTW I got fed up with the plastic flavor of water in plastic bottles so I got aluminum bottles, Nashbar had a big sale..$3.99 + shipping. Only downside is you cannot squirt it. I also have a water bag.

Tried the touted Camalback bottle and it was so bad I threw it out.

Their back waterpack is good and I use it on my motorcycle trips. I once froze it to have cold water and nearly got frostbite on my back. :-))) I insulated it more on the back side.It also cools you.

I imagine your kit includes some cooking equipment, sleeping bag and tent. For my Motorcycle trips one bag has tools, parts,rain gear and camping stove and utensils, the other clothing. On rack is tent, sleeping bag, and inflatable mattress. I have a 12V pump.

The photo is in Kings Canyon CA.The bike is 1982 BMW R100RT.
Never Give Up!!!
I'm in Arkansas
I have all the cook wear and tent I need its all pack in my panniers or saddle bag on back. And the pole you see on my Surly is a flag pole I'm hopping that it lets me be seen a little better. My sleeping bag was not on it the day I took the pics but it goes on the back rack. The trip is any where from 1768 to 2035 miles it all depends on how I go and what all I want to see/do. Once I get out of town the going will be a lot better up to a point. I have lots of hills to do before I get to the flat part of the road. I'll take US70 once I get to it but its like 34 to40 miles away by bicycle so the first day I want get to far because of all the hills I have to do after I get on US70 its flat for about 200 miles a few hills but nothing like I have here to start off on the trip.I may camp at KOA the first day/night. After that the going will be long days out on the road. And camping where ever I can find a place to set up at. Wish I could get a few people to go on this trip with me it would be a little safer and it would be a blast I think. I will have fun no matter what you can meet so many people this way and have fun too.
10-4 , great and very ambitious lifetime adventure. Be sure to bring your cell phone , charger and some energy bars. You can eat those while you ride. BTDT. :-))

With my BMW motorcycle group we have a list of members countrywide in case we get in trouble. Perhaps you can ID some people and bike shops along the way.

Put your gear in plastic garbage bags inside the panniers in case of rain.
Never Give Up!!!
Oh they are all of my stuff is in plastic bags you never know where you will be when it starts to rain lol.And I am trying to get a few people to go with me but no luck so far.I have a cell phone and my acer computer will be with me all the way.I'm still not sure when I can leave so much to do here before I can start my trip.
In addition do put together a first aid kit. Good travelling. :-)))
Never Give Up!!!
Oh yes I have a good first aid kit in my panniers.