Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take part in the August Giveaway for a brand new Street Bicycle Core Line fixed gear bike

My current steed
I've had a number of nice bikes over the years, but sold most of them off when I gave up cycling about 20 years ago. Now that I am back in the scene, I've slowly been researching (and saving for) my next dream bike.

For now, and the past couple years, I've been riding a Trek 7.3 FX hybrid. I've narrowed the bars about 2 inches, installed bar-ends, clipless pedals. Last year I also installed a better crankset. I had also been using the saddle pictured here (a Fizik), but replaced it this year with my trusty old Selle Italia Turbomatic. This saddle has seen many a double centuries over the years. I use this bike for commuting, and even for centuries these days. But I hope to get a more "distance-worthy" machine soon.

[attachment=723]
[attachment=724]
Snazzy looking commuter. I approve!Big Grin
Dedicated scholar of bicycles
(03-14-2010, 10:47 AM)jr14 Wrote:  Snazzy looking commuter. I approve!Big Grin

Agreed... classy looking ride!
Thanks, guys. The crank I have swapped since taking this picture is black. And the tires I now run for commuting are Hutchinson Protect Air 2, also all black (baldies). The bike has a nice "stealth" look to it. Big Grin
Very nice, can say those style of grips are very comfortable!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!