Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

This Is my 1998 Cannondale F500 Cad2
GettingReady for Summer
Nice bike
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
thanks surly
Out of curiosity, how do you like the headshock? I rode my friends for a while, and it seemed a little squishy. I like my suspension firm though, so maybe that's why I didn't like it so much. Is it adjustable, or is it one setting? I never got to play around with it, so I'm a little ignorant on it.

Come to think of it, I should of torn my friend's apart when I had the chance!Big Grin
Dedicated scholar of bicycles
Sweet to see Cannondale's "HeadShok" suspension fork. The components are in an oversized steerer tube. Not sure about this but I think the headset bearings are Cartridge Sealed. jr, if your friends was squishy there probably were no preload adjustments. I agree a very nice ride! Smile
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
thanks guys i like the headshock and is adjustable.
http://www.vintagecannondale.com/
(02-27-2010, 10:31 PM)tino Wrote:  thanks guys i like the headshock and is adjustable.

Yup. You're right. Sure is adjustable. Now if you could just be so kind as to ship it up North here so I can have a whack at it, it'd be appreciated!Big Grin
Dedicated scholar of bicycles
Guess I better research the info before guestimating next time lol.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng/CannondaleFiles/Manuals/1999_headshok_super_fatty_m_pbone_m_owners_manual_supplement_en.pdf you can do the research here Bill
(03-09-2010, 07:17 PM)tino Wrote:  http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng/CannondaleFiles/Manuals/1999_headshok_super_fatty_m_pbone_m_owners_manual_supplement_en.pdf you can do the research here Bill

Now that is an awesome setup. Very simple to adjust too. Too bad they didn't offer them in open market for other makes and models.
Great bike, I got the same model, Viper Red with yellow decals.

Mines got hit with the colour keyed stick with yellow DMR V8 pedals, yellow bottle cages and yellow dice caps.

Is the headshok on that the P bone M version?
Cannondale, handmade in USA............................................Refined in Surrey, England.
- Cannondale F500, Kona Blast, Kona Caldera-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

06-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Jordan300

06-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Jordan300