Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

A couple more bikes
Ok here are a couple more bikes in my current inventory? lol. The red one is a Mongoose XR-75, maybe a cheaper one but the thing has taken alot of abuse off road and is still going. Yes I have done some minor adjustments to it but all in all feels great to ride. The other one is a Next that I am currently restoring. Reason is a '02 model with no maintenance done since then other then the brake pads. Rides well but it sentimental to someone. So it will see many more miles after this winter.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Bill how many bicycles do you have I though I had to many lol. Think I got 5 bikes in all two trikes and to able riding bikes and one in the air on hooks that this spring will get finish and I need to finish my lht as well but I can still ride it as is.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Well I have in my shop, (not all mine) Pair of Roadmaster Mt. Fury MTB's, Schwinn Trike, Armstrong, Next Plush (Blue one pic above), Mongoose XR-75 (Red pic above), Mongoose XR-200 (to be restored/upgraded), Older Roadmaster (parts bike), 2 unknown MTB's, 2 Next Power Climbers, and 3 BMX bikes. After I get a few of them finished completely taking down to the frame and mechanically overhauling this spring I will either sell for the price of the parts or just donate them to those unfortunate not to have one. My favorites are the XR-75, XR-200, Armstrong, and the Schwinn Trike. I am looking for a decent Road bike preferrably 70's will settle for 80's 10speed to restore and ride.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Well there is nothing like a old time ten speed bicycle. Sure wish I still had the one my mom and dad gave me but like all kids I tore mine up I had so many wrecks on it until it was not funny I was trying to go to fast all the time on mine. This is one of the reason I am going to redo the ten speed bicycle I have here it will take me back in time a little. But this time I want try to kill my self on it lol.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Just wanted to note the Next Plush (Blue) has been overhauled with road tires, I'll grab some pictures tomorrow.
Hey Bill,

My bike too is over ten years old (1999 Kona Caldera) - but still going strong. I'm refurbishing it right now, which is taking some time so I'm on public transport right now (but I like the tram in our city): damn! Sorted the brakes, sorted the drive train, just need to deal with a seized front derailleur and fit shift cables. It's been too cold and too dark to work on it over the last month. Will finish it this weekend (hopefully) and if I can get the phone working, take some pictures.

Unfortunately the mobile has given up as well. Oh well, what can you do...? I'll post the pictures as soon as...
Oouch sorry about the bad news on the mobile tele. You say the FD is Seized up? Always try spraying it down with WD-40 or PBBlaster letting it set overnight then again the next day. Then work it with your hands. Sure you know that though lol. I'll try to get pics of the Next Plush as soon as I can. Been really busy lately so Sad. Can say this it rides REALLY nice, like a off road 4 X 4 Cadillac lol. Sorry for vehicle comparison.