Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

This is my new bike
2011 my new road bike and Off Road bike

Koga-Miyata
kimea road team edition
[Image: 33854_162653893752228_118652598152358_52...9517_n.jpg]
[Image: 200031_207950709222546_118652598152358_8...8462_n.jpg]

GHOST
ASX-4900
[Image: 183991_10150414407350117_697635116_17214...8720_n.jpg]
Very nice. I'm assuming that the Koga is carbon frame?
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
(03-29-2011, 12:47 PM)JohnV Wrote:  Very nice. I'm assuming that the Koga is carbon frame?

Yes, koga is carbon frame
Nice Bikes Enjoy Riding .
(03-29-2011, 01:19 PM)tino Wrote:  Nice Bikes Enjoy Riding .

Thank you, I always enjoy the bike's life
bike to increase my knowledge and make new friends
Very nice rides!!!!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(03-29-2011, 02:02 PM)Bill Wrote:  Very nice rides!!!!

Thank you
Please let us know how you like the O'Symetric chainrings. I looked at them last night and it was pretty interesting reading. Looks like they really help with the speed. The good thing is that, according to their website, the only US dealer is A.J.'s Bikes and Boards and they are located here in the Tampa area.
HCFR Cycling Team
(03-30-2011, 08:34 AM)JohnV Wrote:  Please let us know how you like the O'Symetric chainrings. I looked at them last night and it was pretty interesting reading. Looks like they really help with the speed. The good thing is that, according to their website, the only US dealer is A.J.'s Bikes and Boards and they are located here in the Tampa area.

Those remind me of the older bio pace cranks. Are they familiar?
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(03-30-2011, 08:34 AM)JohnV Wrote:  Please let us know how you like the O'Symetric chainrings. I looked at them last night and it was pretty interesting reading. Looks like they really help with the speed. The good thing is that, according to their website, the only US dealer is A.J.'s Bikes and Boards and they are located here in the Tampa area.

I was in Taiwan, Taiwan also has O'Symetric agents, I use O'Symetric, found more efficient to stampede for the knee injury will be relatively small, is a good gear

I use google translator to write in English, grammar is not smooth, like him to bear with
Dear fang, the GHOST is very nice!
The KOGA may scare me!

High Speed and welcome to BT!
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
(03-30-2011, 11:08 PM)RobAR Wrote:  Dear fang, the GHOST is very nice!
The KOGA may scare me!

Why KOGA scare you.....^^a
That Ghost looks very nice!

How much travel do you get off the suspension?
(04-01-2011, 08:53 AM)JonB Wrote:  That Ghost looks very nice!

How much travel do you get off the suspension?

Front shock absorbers:RST Titan Air Remote LO 120 mm
Rear Shock Absorber:X-Fusion O2 PVA 120 mm
(03-31-2011, 01:19 PM)ching kai fang Wrote:  
(03-30-2011, 11:08 PM)RobAR Wrote:  Dear fang, the GHOST is very nice!
The KOGA may scare me!

Why KOGA scare you.....^^a
It looks Scarey Fast!
I was looking at the web page for the chainrings that you have and even though the only US distributor is in my area, they only make them for 10 speed cassettes and shifters. My Giant has a 9 speed cassette, so those O.Symetric chainrings won't work on my bike. Next time I go to that bike shop, I'm going to see if they have a set on a bike and try them out just for the heck of it.
HCFR Cycling Team
(04-01-2011, 09:16 PM)JohnV Wrote:  I was looking at the web page for the chainrings that you have and even though the only US distributor is in my area, they only make them for 10 speed cassettes and shifters. My Giant has a 9 speed cassette, so those O.Symetric chainrings won't work on my bike. Next time I go to that bike shop, I'm going to see if they have a set on a bike and try them out just for the heck of it.

JV. Don't sweat the small-stuff! It's not so much the thickness of the ring as it is the distance between 2 of them. We can get .0246 mm shims all the way up to 5mm spacers. America is Great!
I did my Retul fitting at the shop that sells these and the guy that did my fitting also races professionally. I think he has them on his S-Works and since they are only a few miles from where I work, I may stop in and talk with him about them. I'm not so much into how much more speed they will give me but if and how much they would help on hills. I am doing quite a few charity rides this summer (1/2 and full century) and most of them are in the only hilly area of Florida. I would put them on if they help give more power to the wheels on an incline. At my age, I can use all the help I can get. The extra speed would be nice too.

So Rob, how does going from a triple to a double crankset work when the shifters are triple, indexed shifters. I would also have to change them as well as the front derailleur, correct?
HCFR Cycling Team
John - the front drlr is such a simple part. It has no brain, just limit screws. Triple FDs will often be able to handle extreme double set-ups that 2x FDs can't. Scratch that off of the list unless you intend to use a big ring that is over 52T. Then do some homework.

Your 3x front shifter will also convert. You will simply have a click that you don't use. Chainring spacing is done by optimizing the distance between the rings to the width of the chain. In my experience, it is nowhere as critical as the MFRs would have you believe. They want to sell another crankset (chainset for my Euro friends).

Comprende?
Please let us know how you like the O'Symetric chainrings. I looked at them last night and it was pretty interesting reading. Looks like they really help with the speed. The good thing is that, according to their website

Nice bikes. Where are you??

Yes Bill it reminds me of the Shimano bi pace but more extreme. I got one on my 91 mountain bike. I remember something about knee problems with them and they were discontinued.
Never Give Up!!!