Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

1952 Robinhood
Hi all

Here is my latest restore. This is 1952 Robinhood single speed all with original freewheel & hubs yet.

[attachment=2035]
[attachment=2036]
[attachment=2037]
[attachment=2038]
[attachment=2039]
Cyclostyle in style
Looks fantastic. I would love to get a chance to restore a classic like that.
I've never heard of the brand, but it is a great looking old timer. Reminds me of my first Western Flyer except the chain guard on this bike is much bigger than the one on the Western Flyer.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
Simply wowwww! :O amazing piece of art!!!!!!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(03-23-2011, 12:51 PM)JohnV Wrote:  I've never heard of the brand, but it is a great looking old timer. Reminds me of my first Western Flyer except the chain guard on this bike is much bigger than the one on the Western Flyer.

Yes John,
Google it under the name of ROBINHOOD & you will find some very amazing masterpieces. I think this is a british masterpiece, It weighs 22 kilos but still rolls like a feather on road.
Cyclostyle in style
That is a beaut! Love the two-tone saddle!
So have ya shipped it to me yet?? Hahaha Smile Still beautiful!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(04-21-2011, 01:47 PM)Bill Wrote:  So have ya shipped it to me yet?? Hahaha Smile Still beautiful!
;-) Ohhhh Bill...If you want that I will ship them tomorrow!!! All I know that these bikes have to be in a worthy hand if they are not with me.....You are OK fot them..
Cyclostyle in style
(04-21-2011, 11:50 PM)atulkunte69 Wrote:  
(04-21-2011, 01:47 PM)Bill Wrote:  So have ya shipped it to me yet?? Hahaha Smile Still beautiful!
;-) Ohhhh Bill...If you want that I will ship them tomorrow!!! All I know that these bikes have to be in a worthy hand if they are not with me.....You are OK fot them..

Why thank you I appreciate that Smile
Beautiful bike, looks as solid as they come. The seat looks like an old comfortable sofa compared to some arse numbing seats on bikes these days.
I have a old murray bicycle im wanting to rebuild. but I need to do something about the decals and head badge that are stickers. its similar to the one here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MurrayMontereybicycle.JPG but its a single speed. what can I do about them?
(04-25-2011, 02:48 PM)Everett Wrote:  I have a old murray bicycle im wanting to rebuild. but I need to do something about the decals and head badge that are stickers. its similar to the one here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MurrayMontereybicycle.JPG but its a single speed. what can I do about them?

Sorry pal...
For sticker decals there is hardly anything you can do. All I can say is take a professional picture of it & you can edit it on computer again & print a high quality sticker of it for your rebuilt machine.
Check out my post of 1957 Raleigh... I am not painting this bike for the reason of original decals only....Best of luck buddy...
Cyclostyle in style