Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the September Giveaway to Win the Luckeep X1 Pro ebike

Specialized or Cannondale
Hello! Trying to decide between these two. I have no idea what their original price was. I hope to ride it along the cement path along the beach. Having an alternative bike for mountain biking as well is an option, but preference would be to have one bike for everything including mountain biking due to space (I don't really foresee riding on the streets for speed and long distances as of now, could always change)

Specialized white and green one in photo (29" tires but 17") Myka V 650B maybe? - $100

Cannondale (the white and red one) for petite size I think its a Quick 3 2016 (?) - $110
(I notice this one doesn't have front suspension, but not sure if it makes that much of a difference?)

Attached Files Image(s)

@newbiker you were wise to check out many options, but did you test ride any before culling the options to 2? I saw your previous post with all your candidates and not being intimately familiar with them, I would had to have researched them all.

Do not worry about resale value; selling is a completely different discussion. Buy a bike to ride it, or do not buy it at all (unless you are good at evaluating and selling bikes). Get the bike that best fits: you physically, your needs, and your budget. You will probably need to account for getting some new tires and inner tubes into your purchase cost, as well as some service related work if you cannot perform it yourself. Expect $50 to $100 or more to be safely, and reliably riding. That cost may or may not account for any other gear (gloves, helmet, etc.), and/or accessories (bottle, lights, etc.) depending on bike's condition and features.

You do not necessarily need front (or rear) suspension. That option is a personal preference, and it will depend on your comfort level and the terrain you will primarily be riding upon. Suspension will make the bike heavier and will add another aspect (and cost) when having to maintain the bike. The best way to determine your need for particular featires is to adequately test each bike under the same conditions (ride time, ride distance, and terrain) that you would normally ride. Otherwise, you may buy a bike that has a feature you do not need, or is missing a feature that you do require. Also, giving the bikes proper test rides will help determine how the bike fits, and if it has a comfortable saddle and design suitable to your riding posture/position. You can always add a suspension seat post, suspension stem, and/or adjust tire size and pressure to provide suspension altering effects if needed on a rigid frame or suspension frame bike if needed later.

Hopefully someone ( @Painkiller ) with experience dealing with those particular bikes will provide more precise feedback regarding your potential choices.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

02-15-2023, 06:49 AM
Last Post: ichitan

09-09-2011, 09:04 PM