Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Doctors are Prescribing Cycling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24OEW2jEBgk
That makes sense, I had a knee issue a few years back and the PT guy that was helping me told me to bike as its good for your knees as it kind of lubes up your knees and stops them from locking up. I feel like biking has so many health benefits from cardio to mental health to joints 🤘🏼
If anyone reading this is living an inactive life, consider cycling. Don't wait for the doctor to tell you. Use your own initiative.
Cycling is such a wonderful exercise. I thought riding a lot eventually leads to knee pain. But am elderly friend of mine pointed out that when he doesn't cycle that summer, fall, he always gets knee pains that winter. It truly made me rethink..

What is cause and what is the effec?
I would say, cycling is the best sport, suitable for really every each of us. Though the position on bike might not be the best for long hours and some compensation exercises are necessary, otherwise cycling is great. I would also maybe add swimming as another nice alternative to cycling.
I agree with you, bab. Swimming or even yoga can be a great compensatory exercise for cycling. I do yoga everyday especially after long day of riding and I am rarely sore the following day..:-)

(11-16-2023, 04:29 PM)bab Wrote:  I would say, cycling is the best sport, suitable for really every each of us. Though the position on bike might not be the best for long hours and some compensation exercises are necessary, otherwise cycling is great. I would also maybe add swimming as another nice alternative to cycling.
(11-15-2023, 11:09 PM)GirishH Wrote:  Cycling is such a wonderful exercise.

Yes, it is that's why I prefer cycle over car or bus.
And to save time ( commute) and make new friends, I guess.

I have definitely saved a lot of time by commuting on bike and make tonnes of new friends during my bicycle commutes, travels.

(11-28-2023, 12:30 PM)Hania Wrote:  

(11-29-2023, 07:20 AM)GirishH Wrote:  And to save time ( commute) and make new friends, I guess.

I have definitely saved a lot of time by commuting on bike and make tonnes of new friends during my bicycle commutes, travels.

Do you live in a big city where biking would save time on commuting? Here in Denver it’s almost always quicker to drive but biking just saves money and is kind of nice in summer sometimes
Hello Lss555, I used to live in Boston area and biking was always the fastest way to get to work unless you ran to work. I saw some crazies doing it and eventually got on that bandwagon as well..:-(

Driving, public transport sucked big time and even worse in winters.

I almost moved to Denver area for a job in Boulder. I rest rode a few times from Westminster to the company's office in Boulder and seriously considered that job opportunity. I would have done it if I didn't have this travel, bikepacking itch..

(11-29-2023, 11:46 PM)Lss555 Wrote:  
(11-29-2023, 07:20 AM)GirishH Wrote:  And to save time ( commute) and make new friends, I guess.

Do you live in a big city where biking would save time on commuting? Here in Denver it’s almost always quicker to drive but biking just saves money and is kind of nice in summer sometimes
(10-29-2023, 01:21 PM)ichitan Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24OEW2jEBgk

Been a while since I've seen that Triumph bike. I honestly think cycling is so much better than other exercises (cardio related) It's light on the joints, you can easily adjust your pace, there are no impacts or looking out for annoying puddles like with running. Plus, it has all the benefits of any cardio exercise.
(11-29-2023, 11:52 PM)GirishH Wrote:  Hello Lss555, I used to live in Boston area and biking was always the fastest way to get to work unless you ran to work. I saw some crazies doing it and eventually got on that bandwagon as well..:-(

Driving, public transport sucked big time and even worse in winters.

I almost moved to Denver area for a job in Boulder. I rest rode a few times from Westminster to the company's office in Boulder and seriously considered that job opportunity. I would have done it if I didn't have this travel, bikepacking itch..

(11-29-2023, 11:46 PM)Lss555 Wrote:  

Right on, I suppose parking etc would suck or cost an arm and leg too, so it’s a win win 🤘🏼. Bikepacking is way cooler anyways lol