Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Halloween Season Playlist
Just finished my Halloween playlist on Spotify. It should be awesome to listen to while cycling in the season.

I have a bunch more other playlists on my profile. Equally as awesome. I use crossfade 3 seconds, which you can set in your settings.

I also use Skullcandy Crusher headphones for the ultimate experience. Setting the haptic bass just a little higher than low setting.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3zK0gd3RIY48msjQLh9zYw?si=01a64eff4d0140bd

Happy Halloween Season Everyone!
Not a safe practice to ride with intentionally impaired hearing; speaking from experience when the Sony walkman hit the scene in the late 70s. I have not used any noise device since; my brain hums along just fine without the added weight and impairment. My riding partners do not use the stuff either since we need to communcate riding dangers to others who may not see a hand signal. I do not wear my TT helmet due to lack of adequate hearing with it on; I do still wear a helmet, but one that I can readily hear others. I left a partner behind with the TT helmet on after he had a flat when behind me. He was pissed; and I was embarrassed since I was the SAG bike for the ride that day and had all the tools and supplies for emergencies.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
I use true wireless headphones. Some people ride in safe environments so that it's not dangerous.

I tend to veer towards the sidewalk riding as much as possible because I loathe crazy motorists.
(10-08-2023, 05:37 PM)Jesper Wrote:  Not a safe practice to ride with intentionally impaired hearing; speaking from experience when the Sony walkman hit the scene in the late 70s. I have not used any noise device since; my brain hums along just fine without the added weight and impairment. My riding partners do not use the stuff either since we need to communcate riding dangers to others who may not see a hand signal. I do not wear my TT helmet due to lack of adequate hearing with it on; I do still wear a helmet, but one that I can readily hear others. I left a partner behind with the TT helmet on after he had a flat when behind me. He was pissed; and I was embarrassed since I was the SAG bike for the ride that day and had all the tools and supplies for emergencies.

I agree with you Jesper, nothing beats the natural sounds of riding, but if ever you do want some background music this is a pretty safe option
https://shokz.com/products/openrunpro

they're bone conduction headphones, it will let you hear everything normally while enjoying music. What a time to be alive right? This headphone is other worldly, it feels like the music is coming from inside your head haha
(10-10-2023, 12:08 AM)meamoantonio Wrote:  
(10-08-2023, 05:37 PM)Jesper Wrote:  Not a safe practice to ride with intentionally impaired hearing; speaking from experience when the Sony walkman hit the scene in the late 70s. I have not used any noise device since; my brain hums along just fine without the added weight and impairment. My riding partners do not use the stuff either since we need to communcate riding dangers to others who may not see a hand signal. I do not wear my TT helmet due to lack of adequate hearing with it on; I do still wear a helmet, but one that I can readily hear others. I left a partner behind with the TT helmet on after he had a flat when behind me. He was pissed; and I was embarrassed since I was the SAG bike for the ride that day and had all the tools and supplies for emergencies.

I agree with you Jesper, nothing beats the natural sounds of riding, but if ever you do want some background music this is a pretty safe option
https://shokz.com/products/openrunpro

they're bone conduction headphones, it will let you hear everything normally while enjoying music. What a time to be alive right? This headphone is other worldly, it feels like the music is coming from inside your head haha

Interesting, thanks! I won't ask about the cost.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS