Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Colostrum for Immune Health
With the colder seasons approach fast (faster even for some), I want to take a moment to recommend picking up some Bovine Colostrum supplement. This magical supplement is not actually milk, so it's lactose free, and it's lush with biological factors to help boost your immune system. I have never had to worry about COVID because of this, as as well several attempted food poisonings. I began taking this about 6 or 7 years ago to help combat sudden severe bouts of allergic asthma that I began experiencing and I couldn't praise it enough. If you have immune problems, or just want to help give yourself the edge against upcoming cold season (and every season), definitely check into this. I could go into insane details here, but I'll just leave a link below for that instead.

I take it morning, lunch, and before bed. Currently taking 5 dry cc per dose of California Gold Nutrition brand.

Good luck and stay safe

Miracle of Colostrum

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uV3g_p0_d_mAOyvaaCsrIA7T9cirqy3qhd7LPiOZzhU/edit?usp=sharing
For immunity, I eat citrus fruit, or drink citrus juice, or sometimes other fruits rich in vitamin C.

Consuming these types of fruits will help maintain good immunity.

If you are in the early stages of a cold or flue, consume even more.
I'm afraid citrus fruit is nothing in comparison.

Even eating more cannot compare.

This supplement is so powerful, you can be fully incubated on some colds and instantly cleared up in 30mins after.

Unparalleled.
Hello ReapThaWhirlwind, Colostrum is the "first milk" or milk produced immediately after delivery of a calf/baby. I agree with you that it's highly nutritious and improves immunity but it still is a milk product. Sadly, calves that need this to build their immunity don't get it while we end up drinking or eating it.

It's interesting because our milkman would bring us some of this Colostrum immediately after one of his cows had delivered and he would bring it for the next week or so. The milk after 2nd day gets less and less Colostrum-like but now I feel bad that I was taking away the poor calf's food.

Again, it is a milk product so not sure if someone with lactose allergies can consume it.
This is a baseless claim.

Calves would not survive if they did not get their fair share of colostrum. And thus, the farms would collapse. I think it's apparent by this fact that they do receive their fair share of colostrum.
In decades past, the milk in the early days after the calf was born, was not sent to the milk processing factory, but given to the calf. I was told, it also contains blood. I would not drink it.

There are always people coming up with something new to make money.

I recommend looking for other natural supplements.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

You mentioned you had allergic asthma.

Over a hundred years ago, a medicinal herb, called licorice, was so widely used, it was made like candy. It's botanical name is Glycyrrhiza glabra. As time went on, the licorice sold contained less and less of the medicinal herb, but just became candy.

Medicinal licorice has various effects, including promoting the health and function of the adrenal cortex, which releases hormones to reduce or prevent allergic reactions.

I suggest doing research about medicinal licorice, botanically known as Glycyrrhiza glabra, not the candy. Even try it, and see what you experience.

It is important to have a healthy diet.

Yes, I know this is a bike forum.
Would just like to note that licorice is very estrogenic, and that's not going to be healthy for everyone.

Colostrum is so tested and true. Reversing even HIV and allowing the body to being fighting the virus for itself.

I can't even count the number of severe illness I've used colostrum to entirely donowall.

So when I said unparalleled, I mean exactly that.
I have seen first hand as back home we still get milk from the same milkman..:-)

Milk in the developed and even developing world mostly comes from "cow factories" where calves don't need to survive a long life. These "cow factories' hold thousands of cows. "Fair share of colostrum" is debatable but a lot of "cow factories" use antibiotics or medicines to survive in the unnatural setting they are living in. They aren't feeding on grass like their natural instinct.

But I agree with you on the health benefits of colostrum. That's why even now, fresh colostrum demands high prices in India or Ecuador. In India/Ecuador, it's recommended for young children or adults with immune issues. So, it does have its highly valued medical benefits, especially boosting the immune system.

My only comment is that it's still animal products unless it's artificially made/formulated.

Enjoy and stay healthy, "ReapThaWhirlwind". Safe biking.

(08-14-2023, 05:21 PM)ReapThaWhirlwind Wrote:  This is a baseless claim.

Calves would not survive if they did not get their fair share of colostrum. And thus, the farms would collapse. I think it's apparent by this fact that they do receive their fair share of colostrum.
[quote='ReapThaWhirlwind' pid='46527' dateline='1691806698']
With the colder seasons approach fast (faster even for some), I want to take a moment to recommend picking up some Bovine Colostrum supplement. This magical supplement is not actually milk, so it's lactose free, and it's lush with biological factors to help boost your immune system. I have never had to worry about COVID because of this, as as well several attempted food poisonings. I began taking this about 6 or 7 years ago to help combat sudden severe bouts of allergic asthma that I began experiencing and I couldn't praise it enough. If you have immune problems, or just want to help give yourself the edge against upcoming cold season (and every season), definitely check into this. I could go into insane details here, but I'll just leave a link below for that instead.

I take it morning, lunch, and before bed. Currently taking 5 dry cc per dose of California Gold Nutrition brand.

Good luck and stay safe

Miracle of Colostrum

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uV3g_p0_d_mAOyvaaCsrIA7T9cirqy3qhd7LPiOZzhU/edit?usp=sharing

To Reap, I'm glad you are experiencing health benefits which may or may not be because of colostrum. I have researched colostrum going back 25 years ago. There is no reason to ingest any colostrum other than your own mother's milk. In the very first paragraph of this google doc -

"Primer
Colostrum is the First Milk of cows, which is produced after birth for the incubation period of the calf. This fluid is hyper potent—containing 10x the amount of immunoglobulin, growth factors, Proline Rich Polypeptides, and other benefactors that normal milk has."

It states that IGF 1 &2 are bovine growth hormones 10X the strength of HGH Human Growth Hormones. Cows need ten times the amount of antibiotics and synthetic hormones, which then get ingested into you. That means 10 times the strength to grow cancer cells too.

The benefits you are seeking and reporting can be obtained through gut health protocols and proper diet. 70%-80% of the immune system starts in the gut. Intestinal microbiota does not require any animal proteins.

You may also be concerned with the ethical part of taking away mothers' first milk needed for their babies to survive. Colostrum is only produced for a short time after birth to provide the calf with the most nutrients and immune system development.
We are spiraling off topic here a bit.

Insulin Like Growth Factor is a universal animilian metabolite, despite the source.

I hate to debate such things as none of us, despite all our research, can probably show the academia, experience, and/or real life contribution to science that should be prerequisite for such a thing.

Any production of cancer from natural healthy metabolites, would be due to mutations in those metabolite produced such as by oxidation damage. When you have high levels of any metabolite running in your system, they are naturally higher risk for mutation (such as by oxidation damage). But would otherwise be by universal application of metabolites and metabolic pathways, in which the defensive benefactor side of also requires the healthy supply of to facilitate defenses and recovery. A double-edged sword.

Having a healthy immune system is your top defense against cancer development and biological overhead stress that puts us at highest risk for such disease. Colostrum would thereby be your best defense before your double edged sword.

I for one have had to take this. I used to have immune troubles. I was into bodybuilding, and after any intense workout, your immune system takes a hit. When cycling hard, your immune system takes a hit. When in troubling weather or turn of the season, your immune system is going to take a hit. Not everyone's immune system is the same. I had tried taking all kinds of supplements, and Ricola, and Sambucol, and none of that really did much of anything for the immune troubles that I faced. It was only when I discovered colostrum that I could say my immune troubles are absolutely gone now.