Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Recumbent nut
I was looking for an active bike forum with luck of sourcing some parts.
Not for my recumbent trike which I thoroughly enjoy.

Like a lot of recumbent riders they/we have some old injuries or disability that makes two wheel bikes uncomfortable or unstable, therefore we found recumbents. My reason is due to a back injury that makes my foot go numb when sitting on a bike seat…..but it’s not keeping me off bikes or my interest in piddling with them.
Consistent rehab has improved my discomfort but the trike is sweet.
I will add, my recumbent trike, an ICE SprintX is super comfortable and a joy to ride.

So, as a hobby I like to find cheap 10 speed vintage bikes, fix and sell them, last project was a Cannondale Black Lighting.
I’m looking at a Diamondback Haajo now but it will need parts, rear brake assembly looks like worst of it. That’s what brings me here plus the valuable experience these types of forums offer.
Cheers
(07-09-2023, 06:01 PM)TriKerK Wrote:  I was looking for an active bike forum with luck of sourcing some parts.
Not for my recumbent trike which I thoroughly enjoy.

Like a lot of recumbent riders they/we have some old injuries or disability that makes two wheel bikes uncomfortable or unstable, therefore we found recumbents. My reason is due to a back injury that makes my foot go numb when sitting on a bike seat…..but it’s not keeping me off bikes or my interest in piddling with them.
Consistent rehab has improved my discomfort but the trike is sweet.
I will add, my recumbent trike, an ICE SprintX is super comfortable and a joy to ride.

So, as a hobby I like to find cheap 10 speed vintage bikes, fix and sell them, last project was a Cannondale Black Lighting.
I’m looking at a Diamondback Haajo now but it will need parts, rear brake assembly looks like worst of it. That’s what brings me here plus the valuable experience these types of forums offer.
Cheers

Welcome!

You can look in the marketplace here or on similar forums in other bike sites (thecabe.com, bikeforums.net, etc.). The membership on this site is still fairly small (but growing) compared to other forum sites, and the amount of members riding/repairing/selling bikes of the general 10 to 12 speed era (60s-early 90s) is smaller still. I often find very good parts (and donor bikes) at decent prices on craigslist. Ebay, although having a wealth of parts, tends to be higher priced plus the added shipping cost. Local bike shops/co-ops and clubs often have older parts for sale also.

Thank you for your input on recumbents. I would really like to see some photos of your trike. I'm not very familiar with them. Always interesting to see how they are laid out framewise and components being used. Any idea as to the weight of your trike? My main problem with them is usage in city areas without bike lanes where encounters with vehicles in close proximity becomes an issue. I have enough problems without dealing with the extra width.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS