Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What have you bought for the bike today ?
I went to the super mart today and bought some cleaning supplies, and some chain lube.
This week, got my 29er MTB a brand new rear tyre Schwalbe Hurricane & a Shimano CN-HG54 10-speed chain. The tyre already covered its first kilometers, but I have to pull myself together to do the chain swap Big Grin
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)
I haven't actually bought anything yet, but hopefully this week I'll get the Velo plush seats. I am trying to ride a bit more aggressive on the trails and the X base on my Kato isn't the most comfortable.
Haven't bought anything recently. I have a bunch of wheels I need to build/rebuild. That will be next. I also have a rigid fork to buy, but it recently went out of stock.

Just the other day, I acquired an alloy suspension seat post from another bike that I bought to part-out. I've been thinking about installing it on my bike to check out what it's like.
I bought a new seat which is not as narrow as the last one
Got a new headset and mountain shoes.
I bought a bike for my wheels. My wheels had no bike, and the new bike had no wheels; marriage made in heaven.

1985 Cinelli Equipe; only made 1 year and sold by Centurion (and badged) as a collaboration with Cinelli in an effort to get some of the high end bike market in the US. It was a complete flop except for the actual bikes. Only about 50-100 were made, now rare and worth substantially more than when they were new. The crankset (OFMEGA Mistral) itself is worth a pretty penny nowadays.

Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
I've bought a new chain and sprocket set, as well as some new brake pads.

I'll also be getting a new chain guard soon, because the one on it now is a little bent.
I scored another GT Tempest recently. It's exactly the same as the one I have currently, but in better overall cosmetic shape.

This one will likely become my new Snow Speeder frame, and my previous one will get painted and become an alternative urban racer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

12-27-2021, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Nikko