Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Where to travel on a bike Bucket List.
hello riders, how are you all ??

I want to go cycling in Kashmir and hilly areas, I am very fond of cycling on rocky hard rock,
Where do you like to cycle?
And what would be the first place on your bucket list where you would like to go cycling????
I have Downieville, CA on my bucket list. It's a 16 mile trail with everything I wanna see in a single track. Some of the features I like about this downhill trail are crossings, suspended bridges, steep climbs and overall a rocky terrain.

You can also appreciate the views as you go up and this is a perfect mountain biking trail from the photos I've seen
(10-09-2022, 05:44 AM)Talha Wrote:  I have Downieville, CA on my bucket list. It's a 16 mile trail with everything I wanna see in a single track. Some of the features I like about this downhill trail are crossings, suspended bridges, steep climbs and overall a rocky terrain.

You can also appreciate the views as you go up and this is a perfect mountain biking trail from the photos I've seen

hello talha:

Its nice to have your reply,
I am very happy to know your wish because like me you are also fond of cycling on rocks.
but for this kind of hobby it is important to stay alert, because a small mistake can make you fall from the rocks.

whenever you intend to fulfill your hobby, keep all the necessary items with you such as
Hydration pack, Water bottle with cages, GPS or smartphone with app,
Mirror (for handlebar or helmet),Headlight, Spare tube or tubes (or patch kit),
Tire pump, Tire levers, Cyclist's multi-tool (with Allen wrenches),
So that any unexpected situation can be dealt with in time.
I hope the GOD will be with you whenever you go on your journey.

always be careful,
take care.
My bucket list ride is along the beach in Florida!
I'd like to go back to the VA creeper trail to enjoy not only the downhill section but all parts of it.
Little Traverse Wheelway (Michigan)
(10-09-2022, 08:31 PM)bluesbreaker Wrote:  My bucket list ride is along the beach in Florida!

hi bluesbreaker,

Your thoughts are highly appreciated,
riding a bicycle for a long time in the cool and calm air of the sea,
while lost in thoughts is a very interesting and enjoyable experience.
Hope your wish will be fulfilled soon.

take care.
(10-09-2022, 04:41 AM)Bikerider85 Wrote:  hello riders, how are you all ??

I want to go cycling in Kashmir and hilly areas, I am very fond of cycling on rocky hard rock,
And what would be the first place on your bucket list where you would like to go cycling????

Wish you the best. Be careful.
(10-09-2022, 09:22 PM)Ed S. Wrote:  I'd like to go back to the VA creeper trail to enjoy not only the downhill section but all parts of it.

hello Ed S.

I don't know about the VA Creeper Trail but I hope it's a great and unique track for cycling,
I'd love for you to share photos with us next time you go there.

take care

(10-09-2022, 10:07 PM)schnoodle Wrote:  Little Traverse Wheelway (Michigan)

hi schnoodle,

can you please tell me more about Little Traverse Wheelway (Michigan) ??
What kind of track is this? I have never heard of it as I am from Pakistan.

take care.
I'd like to return to cycle again the hills & mountains of my youth - Appalachia.
(10-09-2022, 04:41 AM)Bikerider85 Wrote:  hello riders, how are you all ??

I like to cycle around our city park.
no bucket list yet.
I'd love to go thru Yosemite.
I always wanted to bike ride in San Francisco.
Bike riding in CA
I would like to ride a specific stage of each of the Gran Tours (Le Tour, Vuelta, and Giro; not during a race of course!), and the Paris-Roubaix course.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
I would like to go cycling in Australia.
Bike across Wisconsin!
Bikerider 85, the Little Traverse Wheelway is a 25 mile paved bike/pedestrian path that follows the shore of the Little Traverse Bay in the state of Michigan in the USA. It is mostly paved, but very beautiful. One part of the trail has been there for over 100 years. I live in Michigan, but have only been on part of it once. Lots of cyclists in the summer months, not passable in the winter months.
The trails following the Minnesota River again after having my left leg amputated below the knee.
Just getting back to riding.
Scary but I’ll do it.
(10-12-2022, 08:20 PM)Jerome Brownell Wrote:  The trails following the Minnesota River again after having my left leg amputated below the knee.
Just getting back to riding.
Scary but I’ll do it.

Kudos Jerome for getting back to riding after your limb loss. I would be curious to see how your bike is configured. I work at a VA hospital and come across many amputee veterans who would like to become more active.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-30-2015, 01:07 AM
Last Post: nfmisso