Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

2019 Specialized Roll
Picked up a couple of roll comfort hybrids, upgraded the rear derailluers and put on a couple add ons. These are pretty comfy and cool rides with many possibility's. My wife may be adding another bike to her stable if we decide to keep it. LOL

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Looks like a good functional design. I like the nearly full blackout set up; I would need a black bottle for it. Is the basket stock? Surprised there are no fenders or a rear rack.
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
Yes , I like to total black look also. No, the basket was an add on but a good fit for this bike I thought. Racks and fenders would be add-ons too. I have a small and large for sale so that would put me in to deep. I did opt to upgrade the derailluers on both bikes and added Specialized best 23oz insulated bottle with a nice quality cage
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(03-06-2022, 09:32 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  Yes , I like to total black look also. No, the basket was an add on but a good fit for this bike I thought. Racks and fenders would be add-ons too. I have a small and large for sale so that would put me in to deep. I did opt to upgrade the derailluers on both bikes and added Specialized best 23oz insulated bottle with a nice quality cage

Appreciate the additional info. I will say this, that is an outstanding looking fork for a unicrown design. I don't believe I have seen one like that. I generally do not care for newer design forks, albeit they do serve their purpose; but that design shows a certain class that fits well with the total bike.

What was the original rear mech? I am not really up on non-road designs so I do not know where Altus fits in the Shimano line-up.

The basket fits well with the overall look, and provides ready access. My only thought would be possible handling degradation with substantial weight in the basket and having it mounted that high. It's probably a somewhat aberrant opinion on my part since I am thinking of whipping around the neighborhood at a higher speed than what is designed for. I tend to ride commuter bikes like urban assault criterium bikes regardless of their designed functional intent
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
Hey criminal, Yes it is a nice fork, and I am totally with you in that I also love "urban assault weapon" style bikes, but I must admit, mind you I am over 60yrs old now, these style bikes certainly have their plus points, truly for young, old, male or female That want simplicity..i.e. 7 speed which can equal dependability in a bicycle with a little hipster styling that is also full fender/rackable front and rear. with the huge tires and that way upright position with geometry that actually lets your feet touch the ground whilst still on the seat and obtain proper saddle height. Very cool ride and very smooth. This is a 2019 model and it had a tourney rear mech. Nothing the matter really with the tourney but just me being me I have to kick things up a tad so forged or cast vs stamp steel that is why I changed it. Plus it is now spec'd exactly like the 2021 model with the exact frame/fork @ a premium cost of $700 list. I have my two for sale with asking price of $500. The small with the basket has the upgraded derailluer, the $50 basket and the $40 worth of cage and insulated bottle, the Large frame one has the cage/bottle and derailluer upgrade @ $500 also. Hopefully the go this spring but if not I have no problem adding them to the stable
Well the small Roll left the stable today with $450 in hand, got to keep the seat and post and the waterbottle. Lol. $450 in hand! Hope to move a couple more, people are getting the springtime itch!
The Large roll Upgraded to 2021 specs like the small one pictured, Left last weekend for $500, Full asking price. I might add that locally there were a couple more advertised in my area @ 500 to $550. They were not near as clean or upgraded Derailleur, New cage, specialized best insulated 23oz water bottle new with tags. New replacement value on these two bicycles is $ 750 +or- today. In this market of the rolls I would say the best value is the 2019 roll low step basic. It is the winner over the new models because of the dependable simplicity and v-brakes vs disc brakes.
there is something very attractive about this bike! might be that it's Specialized, might be that it's all-black, might be the geometry. looks like a keeper Smile
I agree, great rides but have to let some go from the stable