Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Coming to America
If someone was to plan a weeks (road) tour cycling in the USA - where should they go?
MD @europeancyclingtours

[Image: ECT-logo-770x607px-no-bg.png]
come to Vermont! riding in the Fall feels great here
I would love to explore roads around Grand Teton one day: https://www.alltrails.com/parks/us/wyoming/grand-teton-national-park/road-biking
(09-20-2021, 02:50 PM)Papa Dom Wrote:  come to Vermont! riding in the Fall feels great here

Riding in the fall in Vermont sounds good!
MD @europeancyclingtours

[Image: ECT-logo-770x607px-no-bg.png]
I agree with Papa Dom. Vermont is great. I would also recommend Massachusetts but lots of road traffic and very little shoulder. Vermont offers a lot of rural settings with some option for unpaved if you want some more fun..:-)

1. You could also try biking in New Mexico. It's a beautiful state with very different culture. I was able to rent a road bike there and did
ABQ to Santa Fe to Taos and back.
2. If want more hills/mountains, Colorado is the place. I tried to do a week of biking between Denver to CO-NM border. Beautiful landscape. 3. A week in Oregon or Washington state heading towards the coast. It's like scenes out of Jurassic movies.
4. If you could switch to gravel tires or may be even rent a gravel bike (like I did), I would recommend parts of the following in Montana.

http://greatdivideroute.com/

Have fun.
Montana and Wyoming I think would be best for views and seeing cool mountain towns etc. the Tetons are in Wyoming as well so you could stop by there. Glacier national park in Montana is insane too
(01-12-2023, 09:29 PM)Lss555 Wrote:  Montana and Wyoming I think would be best for views and seeing cool mountain towns etc. the Tetons are in Wyoming as well so you could stop by there. Glacier national park in Montana is insane too

I was lucky enough to ride Missoula to Glacier National Park and then the "Going to the Sun" pass. On this trip we used the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route going up to NP (highly recommended) if you have support/friends and used paved roads to return back to Missoula (not recommended). Road had heavy traffic with tons of big rigs. Would love to do Tetons and Wyoming one day..:-)